Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 05-04-2023, 05:02 AM

Just had to share this with my swapping friends on this "Star Wars Day". I can't help but smile every time I see that golden eyed stare from under the Vader helmet. Yeah, its an old picture of someone else's car but..... I hope it brings you a Smile on this May4th.
Attached Thumbnails darth-vadar-cat.jpg  
Old 05-04-2023, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Just had to share this with my swapping friends on this "Star Wars Day". I can't help but smile every time I see that golden eyed stare from under the Vader helmet. Yeah, its an old picture of someone else's car but..... I hope it brings you a Smile on this May4th.
I’m so glad you posted this! I totally forgot! I’m other news, it took me two days but I sorted my colors! Yay!

Old 05-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

Hilarious kitty meme... Happy May 4th!

Good job, LC. I need to go neaten up my collection too.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:31 PM

Log Cabin, I really need to look in my plastic boxes, It has been a while. I have been making other quilts and the in progress pile numbers 3. They need to get out the door before I can start something new. Waaaaaaah!
Old 05-05-2023, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
I'm curious too, wondering if any of you sort your candies by color? I know it would be a project, but I ordered the falling star pattern, and she uses color pretty effectively. BUT it would require you to sort by color. Hugs all!
Thank you Rebaquilts for this question and for all of you who answered. I had a similar question that leaned more towards how you plan with and use your candies but so much of my question, I feel, has been answered in this thread because it sounds like having your resources sorted properly makes the process easier. I also use small totes (larger than a shoebox but not by much) to store my small scraps by colour but I like the idea of breaking it down even further into candy bags! Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2023, 03:23 PM

I’m enjoy reading all these responses, too, since come about August I’ll have a whole batch of candies to play with!

I have a scrap handling system, but so far the only thing I sort by color is my nickels. I’m usually more of a “reach into a bag and pull out random colors” sort of scrappy quilter, but I’m also attracted to more organized types of scrappies.
Old 05-06-2023, 01:26 AM

Sorry gals that I haven't been a voice lately on this link. It's been a crazy couple of weeks, working in yard, traveling to daughters helping her prepare her gardens. ( almost an acre full).

I put Mays bd candies in the mail Tuesday, so they are on its way. Last weekend of jazz fest, and so far the weather is cooperating, still hot but enjoyable.

I'm not much for sewing in the summer, though I've noticed I'm not much for the heat either as I get older. We're getting ready for a small end of school trip for the grands, so counting on weather to still cooperate, though living down south the weather can change in a heartbeat.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Nice to hear from you, Gannyrosie! I am your neighbor in Mississippi and know what you are talking about with the ever changing weather. One week hot, one week cold, one week rainy, one week perfect... But I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Hope you are enjoying the Jazz Fest!
Old 05-07-2023, 08:56 AM

Default Peonies

The peonies look a bit peaked this year, but they still smell good. They haven't recovered from the move three years ago. I gotta figure out what kind of fertlizer to put on them. Some of the plants don't have any buds on them at all.
Attached Thumbnails peonies.jpg  
Old 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM

JENNR8R, they many not be at their showiest, but they are a splendid color. One of my favorites. I bought a winter coat that color this fall and my favorite interview suit back in the day was that color. They may not have hired me, but the interviewer would remember me. Tee-Hee-Hee I know nothing much about peonies but Mr. Goggle likely does as well as a local garden center or the folks down the road that have a clump of them "to die for". Enjoy the scent.