Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-14-2023, 04:26 AM

Your wish is my command....https://www.bluesusanmakes.com/2022/...challenge.html This isn't the blog where I saw the info recently but this site is a great motivator, too.

Found another blog, too, doing a google search: https://highroadquilter.blogspot.com...%20to%20stitch. She has a collage tutorial that looks interesting. I am amazed at the sewing she can get done in 15 minutes. I guess it is all in the prep time before the sew time that is making her so productive.

I bet if I stayed off the quiltingboard, and sewed instead, I would get a lot done!

NZ -- I feel for you! That toddler tantrum stage is a tough one. I wish I was there to help you.

SBG -- I hate that the official diagnosis is heart attack. And men hate taking care of themselves, usually. You have a lot on your plate now between getting sick and having to worry about him. I hope he sticks with his rehab exercises. They can help to regain a lot of the squeeze factor that may have been lost in the attack if he didn't lose too much of the muscle. I am sending you both good gris gris.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
NZ -- I feel for you! That toddler tantrum stage is a tough one. I wish I was there to help you.

SBG -- I hate that the official diagnosis is heart attack. And men hate taking care of themselves, usually. You have a lot on your plate now between getting sick and having to worry about him.
My sentiments too. So scary to be out of town with that diagnosis when it happens and I think I had the same stomach bug. Super fatigued. I'm behind the 8 ball with my boom blocks because of the fatigue. Hats off to both of you and big hugs.
Old 04-14-2023, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for the good prayers. Hubby has never had heart issues. In fact, he had a heart cath about 6 months ago and they said he was clean as a whistle! He already takes great care of himself, physically, because he's a diabetic. His diet is way more regimented than I could stick to... and he has little body fat and lots of muscle. He works out at least 3x a week. Lifts heavy weight... it just doesn't make sense. But I know he will do what he needs to do to heal his heart. They said one of his blockages had already re-routed by itself... imagine that!

NZ, your plate is so full. Our little Gentry is the same age as your two, so I can't imagine having two of him to care for. He wants to be held all the time, even when sleeping! And then the toddler issue...
but one day soon everybody will be able to take care of themselves and be a real asset to you. You have a wonderful family. I agree about the smiles and coos. They are totally wonderful!

Old 04-14-2023, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Today a birthday card arrived from LogCabin! Thank you LC!

I started opening about half of the packages last night and the candies are beautiful! Thank you all so much.

Old 04-14-2023, 04:36 PM

SBG, I hope you and hubby start feeling better!
Old 04-14-2023, 04:37 PM

Sewbiz so sorry to hear about hubby and yourself. I suggest taking a week off of sewing aND get y'all's much needed rest. Prayers for both of you .
Old 04-14-2023, 05:30 PM

NZ, I recall going to my daughter's house when her twins were young and needy. I would gently take them from her and she would disappear into the bathroom for a bathtub soak, hair wash and 30 minutes to herself. Perhaps you have a trusted friend, neighbor or family member who can give you a short amount of "you" time now and again. I never left the house but it relieved my daughter of her responsibilities for a period of time now and again. Made for a happier mom and therefore more pleasant kiddos. And Grammie got to have some time to get to know the twins ad for them to get to know me. Just and idea.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:55 PM

Hi there, I was browsing on Pinterest this evening and found this quilt that seems it would work nicely for the candies you all collect. :-) I have not looked into where to get it or even if it's currently available, but the picture has a lot of information to go on if it's a project that gets your creative juices flowing! Happy quilting, all!

Edit: I'm not sure how to make the picture smaller... sorry about that!

Old 04-14-2023, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the sympathy and prayers. I am starting to feel better now and hubby is adjusting to being "Post Heart Attack".

Tonight I finished opening up all the cards and candy packages. They are so much fun! All the fabric is beautiful, and I loved the cards, extras and treats! Thank you for the care you all put in these packages, and for all the birthday well wishes.

If I had to vote for a Best Birthday Swapper, it would be AHWU. She fussy cuts everything! If not fussy cut, each one is artistically cut. She is an artist in everything she does. When your birthday comes, you'll see....
Old 04-14-2023, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

LOVE the Showering Stars quilt, Gemm. Thanks for sharing it. I think we can recreate it from the picture if a pattern can't be found.