Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-18-2023, 06:23 AM

Happy birthday. I see it was a great one.

Sewbizgirl, I hope your husband’s recovery and follow up appointments are wonderful. I sure since he was in such good health before that puts him ahead of the healing process. Individuals who were usually in good health prior to their medical issues usually heal faster. Sending prays and quilting hugs.
Old 04-18-2023, 07:52 AM

Happy birthday to the April gals, and I second that emotion for Sewbiz's hubby, good thoughts and prayers for sure. Hugs!
Old 04-18-2023, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Thank you so very much! Hubby is doing well.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:35 PM

Default Train Tracks

I saw a really cute quilt called Train Tracks from Susan Ache's book “Start with Strips.” I can’t post a picture because my computer is down, and I don’t know how on my phone. You can see pictures if you do a search with the quilt name and designer.

The designer uses strips, but I’d do it with candy squares.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:20 AM

I found the pattern under various names including the one JENNR8R listed. One link I found was using the Susan Ache book but lead readers through a sorting process of all her random squares which might be useful to some of us. There are multiple pictures of the finished quilt but it is NOT a tutorial of how to make the quilt nor the quilt pattern. Looks to be pretty easy to do on our own without a pattern with a little planning and thought beforehand. https://www.joscountryjunction.com/n...ilroad-tracks/

Thanks for one more way to use our little candies, JENNR8R.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:21 AM

Sew many patterns and designs on using cut up fabric!!
We are back northern NH for two weeks. I am making fidget "blankets" for the veterans/nursing homes. I make a nine patch and ends up about 15x15. Each patch has something to feel or move or whatever. Making them in batches is fun and I can only imagine how they will make others feel.
On the on week we are away for DH chemo, I got out my dark/light browns and greens and made some 10 patches. Thinking film strip set up but will see. Just making the blocks is enough for this tired mind!
We had a few good days - and got to spend a lunch at DH cousin's who we haven't seen in 10 years. And another day visiting the Newport Car Museum in RI with the grands. A great day!
So many blossoms in MA and RI it was wonderful to see. NH is still having a few freezing nights so not too many blooms yet.
Take care everyone - and enjoy those few moments of sewing bliss.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:14 PM

I just sent the PM with our May birthday gal's information and a spring time contest. If there are questions or errors, let me know and I will make corrections.

Travelinggramma - I am so happy that you are enjoying the changes of season between states. If you get a chance show us a photo of your light/dark brown and green patches. Love your mention of "sewing bliss". The perfect name for our tine at the machine, OK most of the time at our machine.

Sewbizgirl, all progressing well with hubby and are you getting some R & R from grandchild time.?

NZ, did you squeeze in a moment or two of sewing between the needs of your kiddos?

Keep sharing your pattern finds that use our 2.5s. I am building quite collection of "someday quilts". Bet you are too!
Old 04-20-2023, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I received candies from LAF2019 today. Thank you, LAF.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Hubby is doing great! Thanks for asking.
Old 04-20-2023, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I just sent the PM with our May birthday gal's information and a spring time contest. If there are questions or errors, let me know and I will make corrections.
I did not get the private message.