Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 04-10-2023, 02:37 AM

SBG, sounds like a perfect day!
Old 04-10-2023, 03:20 AM

SBG -- what a great way to celebrate! That is a very forward-thinking HOA. Egg-citing even. Precious memories for all including Ivy. I am so glad you got that house up there!
Old 04-10-2023, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
SBG -- what a great way to celebrate! That is a very forward-thinking HOA. Egg-citing even. Precious memories for all including Ivy. I am so glad you got that house up there!
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. What a glorious day for your family.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:00 AM

Wow! Sewbiz what a great HOA! That's sounds like fun and a little chaotic at the same time.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:23 PM

Sounds like fun Sewbiz.
Old 04-12-2023, 06:59 PM

Another quick use of 2.5 blocks and a background fabric. Block #15 of Pat Sloan's Sweet Childhood Memories. Simple, simple, simple but with a little twist to add interest to the finished quilt. I think this would make a pretty quick donation quilt, a speedy baby quilt or a summer picnic quilt. I an see it in Red/White/Blue, Blues and Yellow, baby or juvenile prints, fussy cut centers or just random scrappy and on and on.

https://patsloan.typepad.com/files/p...d-memories.pdf
Old 04-13-2023, 04:36 AM

Another good pattern, WMUTeach!

Have you been following the friendship star pattern find thread? I may have to use some of my candies to make a wall hanging of that multicolored friendship star quilt!

I saw a 15-minute quilting challenge somewhere... attempt to sew 15 minutes a day. I am great at cutting and dreaming but just haven't pulled out my machine in quite a while because life is too frantic. Maybe 15 minutes a day of sewing is a possibility and I can get to work on my list....
Attached Thumbnails friendship-star-quilt.jpg  
Old 04-13-2023, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Got home from Memphis. Husband had a heart attack so I came home early. He is doing really well. They put in a stint and will be looking at him and testing for the next year, to make sure everything stays good.

Kele, your card was here!

I picked up some sort of bug in my intestines and have been miserable for about the last week. I would go though the candy envelopes tonight, but I'm so freaking tired from all the driving and running around. Will look at them soon. I know they will be fun!
Old 04-13-2023, 05:14 PM

Oh, Sewbizgirl, you poor thing. What a time of trial for you. So glad you are caring for yourself and hubby is doing well. Those little envelopes can wait until you have time to pop them open and dream of projects for all your little treats. Praying for you.

Ibex94, I have not been following the friendship star group, I have so many quilts in progress that I shouldn't add another. It is so easy for me to jump from project to project and never finish. I have been really disciplined this year and forbidden myself to start new quilts when I have UFO's and other quilts already started. I did finish a UFO tonight so, when one more is finished, fingers crossed this weekend, I can start a new one to use some more 2.5s or pick a quilt from my project boxes to finish.

If you find the source of the 15-minute a day plan, please post it here. Someone else may need that small little nudge to restarting their quilting journey.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-13-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
If you find the source of the 15-minute a day plan, please post it here. Someone else may need that small little nudge to restarting their quilting journey.
*Raised hand* Me! I so need to fit some sewing time in every couple of days! I'm going crazy over here with serious twin-mom burn-out. There is no escape, lol! It's a perpetual circle of babies and toddlers and toddler tantrums (that always seem to break out while I'm stuck on the sofa tantum nursing!) The smiles and coos are so stinking cute, but I need a few minutes everyday to recharge my own batteries too.

Sewbizgirl, I am so sorry to hear of your husband's heart attack! That is scary! Does he have a history of heart issues? My father in law had a couple of heart attacks three years ago and then a stroke last year. He is on many different prescriptions and is being closely monitored. You and your husband are in my prayers!