Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 12-24-2022, 04:28 PM

It is Christmas Eve and so many folks have had to adjust plans because of weather. I will be traveling about 10 minutes to my daughters home for the first event of the day. I will attend the second event if the driving is safe. My area does not have heavy snow, but very cold temps. Take care all and enjoy your celebrations of our Christmas Season and travel with care or snuggle up at home for one more day.

ZuZu and I send a Merry Christmas to all. Have have a blessed Christmas day and week with friends and family.
Attached Thumbnails 20221210-zuzu-christmas-greeting.jpg  
Old 12-27-2022, 01:54 PM

Welcome JaniceMcC, last year was my 1st time back after a long hiatus. You sound like me, love making tops, but lag on getting them quilted. Wmu teach, I'm good with extending the date.
Hope everyone had a great holiday, we had some freezing weather, but no snow or icey roads. Now we're heading for a warming trend. But that normal for new Orleans, one day shorts and the next day coats.

Old 12-27-2022, 03:00 PM

Hi Gannyrosie! I do love making quilts. I’ve got about a dozen needing quilting. Oops. And I started a new one yesterday. Oh, dear.
Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Welcome JaniceMcC, last year was my 1st time back after a long hiatus. You sound like me, love making tops, but lag on getting them quilted. Wmu teach, I'm good with extending the date.
Hope everyone had a great holiday, we had some freezing weather, but no snow or icey roads. Now we're heading for a warming trend. But that normal for new Orleans, one day shorts and the next day coats.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:49 PM

Hello everyone, We have another member, returning member joining us for 2023, ahwu! Yeah!

I contacted our administrator and asked for a change in our sign-up deadline but I still see January 1 on our page. We are at 13 swappers. Spread the word to other QB groups as you can. I will post a full list on January 2 We do not have any January birthdays, so I can add more to the group until the end of January.

Any one doing a year long mystery or sew-a-long? Share with us. I discovered a year long one in oh, September, so book marked it but the 2023 one has not been posted yet. I always check in on the Border Creek Station site for their scrap buster of the year block, no posted yet.

Enjoy your New Year's celebrations whether your "out on the town" or at home in your jammies!
Old 12-30-2022, 04:18 AM

Welcome back, Ahwu.

I’m working on Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt. It’s not a planned year long project but I’ll be working on it for months. As for New Years Eve, I’m a slip into my sweats and watch football or a good movie kind of gal. Undoubtedly, I’ll fall asleep before the big moment then trundle off to bed. Hope everyone has a wonderful 2023!
Old 12-30-2022, 07:10 AM

Hey, y'all, I was just watching Pat Sloan's daily video and what do you know a block in the Socialites #2 series (block 9) using our dear little 2.5s. Here is the link to the free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. Easy peasy and could be used for a super scrappy quilt that might diminish your 2.5 stash. I haven't paid attention to the other blocks in the socialites series, but this one jumped out as a perfect one for our group.

Edit: I added a link that did not work when I double checked it. Go to https://www.fatquartershop.com/. In the search box (upper right of the page) type, Socialites 2, Block #9 and it will pop right up for you.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 12-30-2022 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:05 PM

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-30-2022, 05:23 PM

Another new member, but a name you will recognize as an active participator on the Board, petthefabric. We are now 14.Yippie! we are creeping up on my goal of 20 for this year.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:23 PM

Happy (almost) new year! I just sent a PM with my info to join this year's group. I did the candy swap several years ago and loved it! However, I have been in transition since then and unable to participate. But, alas, we just moved into a new (hopefully more permanent!) home and I am ready to jump in again. I look forward to sending and receiving all these little jewels.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:41 AM

Happy New Year everyone!.
No resolutions this year, cause I never keep them🤣