Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 09-08-2023, 01:02 AM

All 3 September birthday candy packages are on their way.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by kele View Post
All 3 September birthday candy packages are on their way.
So nice to hear from you, Kele. I recall your life is very busy. Pop in now and again to let us know all is well. Looking forward to adding your package to my basket of envelopes filled with birthday surprises.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:11 AM

IBEX love the theme song. And when it came out I thought 64 was sooo old!! Now it’s young!!

treat yourself to a few candies to make symptoms lessen.
Old 09-08-2023, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
IBEX love the theme song. And when it came out I thought 64 was sooo old!! Now it’s young!!
Not a bad song for a Beatles that is now 81! Can you believe that....81. And Ringo is 83. Unbelievable!! I feel so young now.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Thanks for bringing me a smile. My husband and I danced to this at our wedding; it’s one of his favorite songs. And now one of us has indeed reached 64…I won’t say which one. :wink:

Linda, I’m a little concerned that my candy packet hasn’t made it to you yet! I mailed yours and the other two the same day, and Juana got hers already. But then, hers didn’t have as far to go as yours! Please do reach out if it doesn’t arrive; I prepared an extra group of 50 for just such an occasion.

I see that grannyrosie hasn’t reported in yet, so I won’t worry about hers yet! LOL

Old 09-08-2023, 03:38 PM

Quossum -- what a fun memory to have! That song has made that random age so special for many! My parents loved this song when it came out so it has been in my memory banks for ...... How fast the years run by.

WMUTeach - love your newest quilt! How fast did you put that together? One day? Two? I bow to your wonderful talent.

If the Mad Adders group really happens I think I am going to use some of my bday candies to make my starting center.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:10 PM

Friday's update:

Friday's update:
1. JENNR8R
2. Janice McC
3. bjsmith57
4. Logcabin82
5. Rebaquilts
6. Patrick's Mom
7. LAF2019
8. Sewbizgirl
9. Crispy_frog
10. AHWU
11. Travelinggramma
12. IBEX94
13. Gannyrosie
14. Gaijin
15. Quossum (Your package arrived today!)

Ding my best to use up as many 2.5's as possible. It seems the more I use the more that reappear in my collection. Oh well, I will just keep stitching.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:33 PM

I sent a message to our swapping pal, Petthefabric, inquiring about her experience with hurricane Idaila. Below is her response that came to me as a PM.

"We are inland 20 miles and a higher elevation. Being from California ,hurricanes are totally new to me. Hurricanes form over warm water and increase over water. Therefore they run along the coast until forced inland. When they go over land the very quickly downgrade. Also, over inland they stay at the lowest altitude possible. The chances of our being in the path is minimal. Many of our friends and church are in zone A=the worst. All of the church properties were dry while next door was flooded. Hmmm….. coincidence? Church properties are being used for staging centers and many members are workers. Now, the wet areas are molding and stinking. Still lots to do.

Another thing new to me is spin off tornadoes. Have no clue if we’re a potential tornado area.

Our clean-up is to empty emergency water bottles, use gas bought for generator, put out patio furniture, etc"

Well, everyone, it sounds like Pet had an adventure learning about life in hurricane land. Good to know that she is fine and back to normal after storm activities. Yeah!

I have never experienced a hurricane. I am only experienced with tornadoes and snow/ice storms. How about you? What kinds of storm experiences have you had?
Old 09-09-2023, 01:10 PM

In California it’s wildfires. 2-3 yrs ago we were evacuated for 3 wks and then extreme smoke for 2-3 wks.

Calif is known for earthquakes. We weren’t near a fault line. I have no experience with them.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:52 AM

WMUTEACH, I sent you my reply regarding holiday swaps. I don’t notice a message I sent to you. So my answer is to wait until next year. Our cable is acting weird lately.