Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 03-24-2023, 03:33 PM

I better get mine in the mail fast! April is almost here and we have an early April bday!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:32 AM

Hi,
Sorry I have not been chatting at all on the Board, but I do try to catch up here and there and try to follow along.
Most of you know that I was in the Birthday Swap from the beginning, took a few years off when I had my baby, and have since re-joined the group a few years back. I have not been sewing much, but love the feeling of being in the group with you. I look forward to preparing candies to send every month. I have to admit, all my candies are sitting in the box and I took them out to look through them like looking at an old photo album.
Thank you so much for the birthday candies that are coming my way. I will have to get a bigger box or start sewing...

In the mail yesterday are:
bjamith57
WMU Teach

Thank you
Old 03-25-2023, 01:48 PM

How's the weather in California Ahwu? Have you been buried by the blizzards or had to deal with the floods at all? I hope you're ok.

I have mailed my April candies but the note on the post office box (inside) said that I missed the Saturday pick-up by an hour. If that holds true then Monday will be the pick-up. So hopefully, Ahwu will get her candies from me on her birthday! Everyone else will get them before their bdays unless the post office chews them up.

In other news, Louisiana universities have been hit hard by folks breaking into their internet systems. Yesterday, my university proactively shut everything down along with four other universities affected yesterday. It was a handful of different universities affected 2 weeks ago and everyone in my system had to adjust to two-step verification (sending telephone a code to type in after log in). Why are people so determined to negatively affect others?

So now I get to play with my candies because I can't get any work done. Silver-linings.....

Old 03-25-2023, 02:34 PM

I put mine in the mail a few days ago, hope they arrive soon!!
Old 03-25-2023, 03:50 PM

There may be some confusion about what I’d like.

Adult masculine. Prefer not prints that suggest loyalty to a particular team
Old 03-25-2023, 03:53 PM

Today received Patrick’s Mom and bjsmith
Old 03-25-2023, 03:57 PM

Recieved Janice, Sewbizgirl, Pet, Patricks mom, and BJSmith57
Old 03-25-2023, 04:00 PM

I’m sorry, Pet. My candies were cut and packaged long before I heard about this request. Hope you can use them somewhere, sometime.
Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
There may be some confusion about what I’d like.

Adult masculine. Prefer not prints that suggest loyalty to a particular team
Old 03-25-2023, 05:02 PM

Ibex94, my university also uses two step verification. We have to renew our verification once a month, but for a while it was every time we logged in. That was a bother but it kept our information safe. I had so much student info on my office computer and some on my laptop that it was vital. Glad folks are being proactive in your neck of the woods or the bayou..

ahwu, you make me smile. I agree that it is fun to just play with the little darlings. Might I suggest that if your sewing time is limited, start with just making four-patches. They can be the foundation of so many blocks that use 2.5's. I am so glad you keep hanging out with us. The time will come and your squares will fall into place and you will be making quilt after quilt with 2.5's.

Pet, I bet you will get plenty of choices that can be used in a masculine quilt. Well, and some others too. I know that about half of mine will and I did not send any thing different than what I had already packaged up in January. Birthday surprises are such fun!

It has been a cold rainy and miserable day here in Michigan. I had rain, snow, rain, snow and only about 38 degrees, so it feels really yucky. My day was all inside. Finished a baby quilt except for the binding and that will be done by Monday. The baby is due early in April which snuck up on me. It did use 2.5's but I haven't counted them yet to add to my silly goal for the year.

Have a wonderful restful Sunday everyone.

Old 03-25-2023, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Hmmm... we haven't ever requested certain fabrics in this swap! Things are about to get all crazy up in here, if we start doing that.