Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 06-14-2023, 10:40 AM

After a year of s-l-o-w-l-y stitching away at this quilt for almost a year, I have my neutral Fading Charms (free pattern from Wedding Dress Blue) finished. I had so much fun picking out light and neutral candies, hopefully you can all see a couple of your own. Thank you for the lovely variety! I had to supplement with some of my own, but I love how it turned out. With all the "organized" chaos in my life, I felt like I needed a calm quilt! My girls have decided it will be Gracie's (our baby twin girl) because of the 1930's fabric that has the name Gracie printed in it. I thought that was sweet!

Exciting news is that my DH is buying me an APQS Larry! We will drive out to Iowa next month to pick it up. I have wanted a longarm for a long, long time and he has worked it out so the dream is able to become a reality. I don't have much time to play with it right now, but the machine will be there for me when I am ready, and I have 10+ tops ready to go. We have an APQS dealer right here in our small town of 2k people, so we are very lucky in that regard. And honestly, with the lifetime warranty, goodness! I could still use that warranty in 40+ years down the road, lol!

Our summer has been busy but luckily it's been a stay-home summer! We have our girls in softball and t-ball and that's been a wonderful break in the busy week that I find myself looking forward to. Who knew that sitting outside on the bleachers and doing pretty much nothing for a couple hours could make one a good parent! All the kids love it and the twins flirt with everyone from their double stroller!
Attached Thumbnails img_20230614_122302840.jpg  
Old 06-14-2023, 10:49 AM

that is a really cool quilt top! Congrats on the finish! Hugs!
Old 06-14-2023, 10:53 AM

Thanks Rebaquilts!

I can't help but share a picture of the twins too! They melt my heart!
Attached Thumbnails img_20230608_130706556.jpg  
Old 06-14-2023, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Beautiful quilt, Reba. I wonder if that is the same Charisma that used to post on QB a lot, showing her quilting of other people's quilt tops. She was a marvelous quilter!
Yes…. It’s the same Charisma. She has designed many quilts since she used to post on here. She’s very talented.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Thanks Rebaquilts!

I can't help but share a picture of the twins too! They melt my heart!
Those are cute babies!
Old 06-14-2023, 05:07 PM

I really like your use of the neutrals with the summer blue. A lovely turn about of the pattern. This was one of the first patterns I used with my birthday treats nearly 11 years ago. I went with the totally scrappy but more bold to use up my birthday squares. It took me along time too, but I got it done and gave it away.

Congratulations on the new long arm, yet to arrive. And of course those two charming little bug-a-boos babies are too cute for words. Thank you for the photos and the check-in. It is so good to hear from you and to know that your are doing so well and finding time to relax and enjoy the "Bigs" while you care for the "Littles".
Attached Thumbnails julie-resized-12-2014.jpg  
Old 06-15-2023, 11:33 AM

Default Doll Quilt for the State Fair of Virginia

I made this quilt with all light and dark candies except for the border and binding. It's 22 x 24 inches. I'm going to enter it into the Doll Quilt cagteory at the State Fair of Virginia.
Attached Thumbnails hello-dolly.jpg  
Old 06-15-2023, 04:16 PM

How simply lovely, JENNR8R. I wish you success at the fair. Are the squares from our swap?
Old 06-15-2023, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
How simply lovely, JENNR8R. I wish you success at the fair. Are the squares from our swap?
Thank you... Yes, I love using my swap candies.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:03 AM

https://blog.quiltedtwins.com/new-bl...ca5d7-74756679 newest from Becky Tillman featuring a bunch of candies. Another scrappy idea for us.

The pictures of quilts you all are posting are wonderful! NZ -- great to see you and the twins. They are beautiful! Your quilt is lovely -- how did you find the time? Jennr8r -- blue ribbon winner f'sure! I'm glad you're going to show it. WMUteach when are you going to start putting your quilts into shows? Yours are gorgeous, too!!