Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) >

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

Old 06-26-2023, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
How are my quilt photos related to our 2.5 swap you ask? I made this quilt from all the scraps I had left after cutting my 2.5 candies over several years. It took me a year to make the 196 blocks, put them together, have it quilted, and finish the binding. It is 100 inches square and I found a great wide backing for it. 2,554 pieces in all.
I have started a new project which is made with 2.5 candies-more on that next month!

Gaijin
That's pretty amazing! Wow it looks great!
Old 06-26-2023, 11:05 AM

Happy belated 2.5 day!

A sneak peek at a scrappy that I’m almost done with and one that I’ve barely begun!

Even though it’s summer, I’m just really struggling at getting in the time to work on these. I feel like I’m never caught up enough with “other things” to let myself do much for myself. I’m going to keep on trying!
Attached Thumbnails 2023-06-26-13-58-42.jpeg   2023-06-26-13-58-53.jpeg  
Old 06-26-2023, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Those are pretty, Quossum!
Old 06-26-2023, 12:13 PM

Quossum, lovely scrappy quilt, just chock full of 2.5s. Liking the batiks in #2. Never have enough of those brilliant colors. Keep up the production line.

Another option for using just a few 2.5's came to my e-mail this afternoon from a LQS. A little zipper bag for your stitching pleasure. https://modafabrics.com/webfiles/fp_...ipperPouch.pdf

Old 06-27-2023, 04:37 PM

love the picture show. thanks everyone. I have a 2.5 WIP, but haven't worked on it out in a few years (probably since my last birthday swap!). Hoping this year will reinspire pulling it out again.
Old 06-30-2023, 07:07 PM

Default Candies 16 patch

Now it’s showing potential. The 16 patches are finished. Very roughly put into place.

starting the shashing

cornerstones will be blue.

estimated finish size is 52 x 72. May need a little bigger to use for bunk twin spread.

img_0221.jpeg

Old 06-30-2023, 09:01 PM

Wow, such great quilts using up 2.5" squares. I think I love the 25th of the month! So much inspiration!

Speaking of which, I discovered this little gem of a pattern today as I was browsing. I find it really lovely in all variations and hope to give it a try soon. :-)

https://busyhandsquilts.com/products...n-pdf-download
Old 07-01-2023, 02:43 AM

Love the pix of your 2.5 projects. I’m not doing much piecing now but hope to be inspired by your fine works. I do have two sets of sampler blocks that need to be made into four small quilt tops. Maybe I can get going on them and ramp up my waning quilting mojo!
Old 07-01-2023, 03:28 AM

Pet your progress is beautiful. Your supply of blue 2.5s must have diminished substantially and the neutral sashing is a bonus. Good idea!

Thank you for the pattern link Gemm, The pattern creator gives so many options even a scrappy one which would be right up our alley. Thank you. A new site for me and a new pattern writer.

Janice, drive to quilt does have its peaks and valleys but in the end all of those ideas that have been stewing in our heads while of needles sit quietly, pop out into beautiful finishes.

I was playing around last evening "data mining" because I find it interesting and encouraging. You may recall way back in January, I think, I set a goal of 4000 2.5s to use this year. I have used just a smidge more than 4000 2.5s as of June 30. That comes to about 7 yards of fabric! Whoop De Do! I am thrilled to eliminate that much from my stash in just little charming candies. Guess I should reset my goal again and dig into my bins of little squares. I have so many patterns to choose from, because y'all are so good at posting ideas that you find in your internet wanderings. Thank you everyone!.

Guess I should get after my now UFO using last year's birthday candies before the next birthday come around. Tee-Hee-Hee.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:43 AM

Good morning everyone!

Commercial coming: Today is National UFO day. A day to focus on our UFO’s. Yea!!! So let’s get out the old projects and work on them.