Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 5" Charm Theme: I-Spy!

Been on the fence about this one, but decided to swap! I have tons of I Spy fabric so this will be an easy one for me. I'm in for 15 bags of 10, Red.

I have no memory of which of my fabrics have been washed and which haven't... and I can promise you it will never make a difference! All of them will work fine together.

Will pm you too, Red.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh, also wanted to say I am the same way as Macybaby with scents. They make me very ill. Anything scented is going right into an outside trash can. I just can't work with it. Please don't send me scented fabric. I appreciate it very much!

Also, with regard to having to turn the 5" ruler off-grain to get a good fussy cut, I should think it's fine. I have done this many times, to capture an image in a "tossed" setting. The off grain is never a problem for me.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Mine went in the mail yesterday
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Wow, there are 19 of us so far. Nice, for those who do not want duplicates. I know moonrise likes those, so I'll see what I can do, but at least for the rest of us, there shouldn't be a problem.

Yay!

I still have to cut mine. But that is a good rainy day project when I am struggling with getting my mojo back to work on other projects.

Blog Entries
    It is supposed to be raining most of the day so this is my rainy day project. My online orders haven't arrived yet but I expect that this will be the day!
    Raining or sunny, I wish you all a great day!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

My charm cutting die should be here today so I can get busy cutting mine out. So excited!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Pamela, I toyed with getting the charm cutter for my accuquilt. You'll have to let us know how you like it compared to using a rotary cutter and ruler

Okay, mine are in the mail.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    Wow what a group! I have lots of scrap I spy fabric I should go through for another PIF, but just don't have the time right now. Maybe next month I can do another PIF...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

oksewglad, we thank you anyway, and are so glad you decided to stop by and say hello! You are a most gracious soul

I LOVE it! I was able to cut all my charms in such a short time last night and with no pain! I would like to amend my commitment to 12 bags rather than 15 though, as that is how many charms I can get out of a fat quarter. Im so excited for this swap. I really had fun shopping for it.

Quote Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
    Pamela, I toyed with getting the charm cutter for my accuquilt. You'll have to let us know how you like it compared to using a rotary cutter and ruler
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

You are more than welcome to swap 12, Pamela, and I'm glad to hear the cutter helped with the pain level! No one wants to have a hobby that brings that on!

I have had a number of people contact me with concerns their fabrics were not going to pass muster, so to speak due to being washed, unwashed, cut off grain, with grain....goodness the concerns were overwhelming! It also caused me concern because some folks were considering dropping out because of it.

I do Not want these swaps to be so over-burdened with demands it causes stress. This is supposed to be a fun swap, and they typically are, but some of the questions, requests, demands, are "sucking the fun out of it" as my daughter would say. So let's make sure that doesn't happen.

You can send washed fabric. You can send Unwashed fabric. You can send fabrics cut on the grain or not on the grain. As long as the fabric is "conversational" as Pamela put it (love that term, it fits this swap perfectly!), and children or adults can "find" an item in it....it is good to go. ((I really wanted to do this in a Dr. Seuss rhyme, but just didn't have the energy or the time, LOL))

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like my quilt board peeps are my friends and I don't want to add any stress to anyone's life, especially my friends! Let's play nice in the sandbox and when we do, I bet we will get a mountain of fun-filled fabrics that will make Everyone smile. Isn't that what life's about? Finding reasons to smile?

Of course it is!
    (okay, life is also about going fabric shopping, but we can incorporate that into these swaps! How Convenient!!)

Thanks for reading, my special online friends ((hugs))
    Last edited by redstilettos; 10-11-2018 at 05:12 AM.

Put my package in the mail today. Thanks, Red! Hope you get it Saturday or Monday.

Please disregard my question/request about duplicates. I didn't mean to be any trouble.
    My SewCozy Website: https://www.lisaandrobert.com/

moonrise, you were no trouble. Honest!

I'll Pm you

Sent my squishy today!
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

It's kind of funny - in that most of us feel we'll be OK with what we get. However we are all worried that we might send out something that someone else won't care for!

I think if we all stick to "If we would be happy to get it, it's OK to send" we will be fine. My personal problem with smells is my problem, and I'll deal with it on my end so no one else needs to be concerned.

One time I bought some old sewing machine parts online, and they smelled like old sewing machine parts. The seller thought the smell was unpleasant, so they tossed a scented dryer sheet in the box to cover the normal smell.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Dale from SD your package arrived safe and sound

Folks, I am out of town until Sunday, so anything that comes in on Saturday will not be posted until Sunday night

I mailed out my package yesterday. Red, you should receive it Monday.

I got a little carried away when cutting, so each bag has at least 10 charms each.

Dale in SD is me - I thought I wrote macybaby on both the front and back of the envelope, but I didn't check it after DH put the label on so maybe he managed to cover them up.

Macy, you did....once I flipped it over I found it. Sorry!

I have received squishiness from the following folks:

Bkay
    Moonrise
    Sewbiz
    Pinkflowers
    MacyBaby
    PamelaOry

Hoping you just forgot me... mine were delivered last Friday.
    Label Number:

TermsAcceptance Cutoff: 10/05/2018 4:30 PM

Acceptance Time: 10/10/2018 7:43 PM

Scheduled Date: 10/09/2018 11:59 PM

Delivery Status:Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    2018-10-12 13:46:00.0

Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Oh no - mine was also delivered on Friday - did you receive???
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

I'd like to play in the sandbox with everyone. All cut, just need to package and mail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast