Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Reds >

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Reds

5" Color Theme Charm Swap - Reds

Old 11-22-2017, 08:14 AM

Here's my second quilt using the pink and purple swap charms. I cut them into four 2 1/2" candies for this pattern. For each block I chose 2 purple charms and 3 pink charms that I thought looked nice together. The secondary pattern is made of light purple charms that I thought looked nice together. So it's quite scrappy when you look at it closely!
Attached Thumbnails mackenzies-quilt.jpg  
Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM

I have mailed out the reds today! Yay! (sewbiz, the deadline was y'day....so we're ahead of the mailing by a good number of days....I love it when that happens!!)

Jaba, I emailed AND spoke with the POst office. They said with the difference of mailing to WY and then FL there was some mix up or something. She said you should be able to have them by Monday "Or so" given the holiday. I did ask for a refund, on your behalf, but she said since there was a forwarding/mailing address issue, it wouldn't fly.

The ladies here are very generous in their offer...hopefully it isn't needed!!

Just a friendly reminder to leave feedback for the folks you receive from. Some swaps require a certain number of "positive" feedbacks before people can join, so this will help them out.

My feedback may not show up until Sunday because I am hosting Thanksgiving and we are having it early early (11:30 lunch!) because son and his gf need to hit her house in the afternoon. That means I am up before the roosters to get the bird in. Ha! Roosters....bird.....I crack myself up. LOL

Have a GREAT holiday. Eat lots. And dream in Red!

Last edited by redstilettos; 11-22-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:16 AM

Red, I will be up with you. We are eating at 1 to accommodate my step daughters mother. We wanted her to come, so we are eating early. I love Thanksgiving and cooking for an army.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:50 PM

How do we newbies go about leaving feedback? I tried on the "green" swap but failed miserably and just gave up. I would like to do it right this time.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Here's my second quilt using the pink and purple swap charms. I cut them into four 2 1/2" candies for this pattern. For each block I chose 2 purple charms and 3 pink charms that I thought looked nice together. The secondary pattern is made of light purple charms that I thought looked nice together. So it's quite scrappy when you look at it closely!
Oh my goodness, Givio... that pink and purple quilt is so lovely! I love your block! What a great way to use your swap charms.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:57 PM

SBG, thanks! :-) It seems like good pattern for people who have lots of 2 1/2" candies-- and it's easy and quick!
Old 11-23-2017, 06:22 PM

See Givio's Feedback Score (15) in the last post here?
Click on the 15, it will take you to the next page, scroll to the right & click on the Submit Feedback icon. It will take you to the feedback page. Fill in givio in the first window box; the next box asks if it was a positive or negative swap then select your choice; next box indicate that you are a trader, then in the body of it, like a PM text, write what you want to say about the swap. Remember others will be able to see what you wrote. At the bottom there is a Submit Feedback icon to click on & when you click on it then it will send givio your feedback. Hope this helps!
hugs,
dj
Old 11-23-2017, 06:25 PM

You really don't have to fill in givio the computer does it for you, trading/buyer status, then skip the URL & go to the window that says what others can see & then scroll down to submit reply so givio will get your feedback. Sorry for the confusion!

See Givio's Feedback Score (15) in the last post here?
Click on the 15, it will take you to the next page, scroll to the right & click on the Submit Feedback icon. It will take you to the feedback page. Fill in givio in the first window box; the next box asks if it was a positive or negative swap then select your choice; next box indicate that you are a trader, then in the body of it, like a PM text, write what you want to say about the swap. Remember others will be able to see what you wrote. At the bottom there is a Submit Feedback icon to click on & when you click on it then it will send givio your feedback. Hope this helps!
hugs,
dj
Old 11-23-2017, 06:26 PM

Givio, your quilt is marvelous!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you cool swappers!
hugs,
dj
Old 11-24-2017, 01:34 PM

The feedback screen is an odd feature. It is well hidden. I have a feedback shortcut that saves me tons of time. Maybe you already do this. Go to the hostess feedback page. There is a tab called "Sent Feedback." When you click on all those names appearing there it goes directly to their feedback page. After I send it, I hit my "back" button, to return to the list.

Some people rarely post and it is hard to find the names to leave feedback. This saves time. Our kind hostess, luckily, posts to everyone.

I hope this makes sense.