Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 PM

poor, krazy-girl! i remember you, hugs! i bet your runner is in transit right now! sorry i'm not your secret partner, then you would at least know who you are waiting for!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Hugs back to you Nancia! thanks I'm in no real hurry at all!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

its coming patience sugar pie patience.. I know who sent it so it should be there or close to it this week. She is a wonderful partner and apologies greatly for the small delay. don't be mad I think it will be worth it in the end and its not Nancia!

Dustysmomma I haven't forgotten you. I am stuck without my own computer for almost a week. I borrowed the hubbies and his ended up with 80 Trojan virus's attacking the computer. self replicating virus trouble. In fact when I signed in to the quilting board the new virus attacking software the computer guy put on.. sad another Trojan was trying to attck. so.. worried it might be something between google and the qb as that is the only place I went .. to google to get on the quilting board. hum...

everyone is already so excited in the other runner swap. hope to see those who couldn't sign up pop in and say hi we will miss you if you don't!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;6049247]its coming patience sugar pie patience.. I know who sent it so it should be there or close to it this week. She is a wonderful partner and apologies greatly for the small delay. don't be mad I think it will be worth it in the end and its not Nancia! QUOTE]

PLEASE don't think I am mad or upset in ANY WAY! Not even one bit! That would be so far out of character for me!
Life is way to short to get upset/mad/frustrated about any little thing. I am good to go whenever it get heres this month or next!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Dustysmomma I haven't forgotten you.
It's all good. Someone knows what's going on, and I know I'll get one.

I'm a little on the procrastination side right now myself. I'm afraid depression is rearing its head a bit and slowing me down again.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 AM

Dustysmomma, sometimes we all have to have slow down moments you know? and yeah we get down but the upside is when you come back up for air.. its a wonderous thing. I am sorry life is holding you back with heavy thoughts. shoot that is not fun. You are again, not alone. so many of us do this.

Jaba and I were talking and we both realize we spend a lot of our time.. alone. we quilt.. we play with fabric but its alone time. We forget how to spend real time with a lot of others. See lots of quilters are home not working.. alone in their free time with fabric. But when we come out of this alone time we have to readjust to people.. odd concept for those of you who are with them all day I know but ... its not a bad thing its just a lot of introspective time. Maybe just maybe this is a good thing or a not so good thing. It works for me .. I love both. I have had this great experience with Jaba (Jan) here. We do the above spend time together, alone, we eat meals together we laugh we are quiet with each other and its like.. home. Can't think of a better way to describe it it has been like having a sister here.. we do things laugh get goofy we are quiet, she is helping out, me cooking she is doing dishes (kiss kiss girl) and me crashing on the couch and she just quietly wanders to her sewing machine and sews for a bit while I do.. then back to fun again. I will miss her so dearly as she is heading home today. A long trip for her. A special memory for both of us.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:05 AM

so glad your visit went well, ladies! somedays i think a road trip is in order and we'd just head out across country and end up at brat's house in the woods, and we'd pitch tents ( or have them pitched for us. feminism lost it's thrill somewhere around 55) and we'd use brat's bathroom, and she could cook for us, and do our laundry while we sew. won't that be soooo much fun , brat? no. more seriously, we would all help do all the stuff, many hands make light work, and we'd call back the burritos boys! what fun!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 AM

Dustysmomma, I'm with 'Brat about hanging in there and don't let life get you down. One day at a time, deep breaths and give yourself some quiet time to just relax. If I can ever do anything from far away, let me know. As to this reunion of 'quilting gals ..Jaba, Brat etc.) I want to see pictures. It is so much nicer to put a face to the names. I know what the inside of allof you is like and that is wonderful and kind but I want to see the outside, too!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day...quilting or otherwise. Just to cheer you all up...my first daffs are finally blooming.
Attached Thumbnails 5-7-large-.jpg  
Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM

pretty, pretty flowers. I remember living in Idaho, but I really don't remember having flowers - just snow. We lived there in 1981-1982 and moved from there to San Jose California. Real change in the climate, but with working, did not have much in the way of flowers there either. Now, it's different - no working, but no real interest in much gardening. Would rather sew, but do get out and try to take care of the garden except the weeds win more days!!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM

i have an almost foolproof gardening method. plant only no-care bushes-like knock out roses, or crabapple trees, and only perennial flowers. bury a soaker hose in a zigzag just under the soil. cover everything with mulch. give yourself an easy to get to faucet control and you are good to go for years. every few years you may have to replace the soaker hose, but they are cheap and the channel is already there. pay someone to dig up the bulbs every couple of years-- they can replace the soaker while they're there. have pots with the more fragile annuals and have them next to your door. that makes them very easy to water. isn't this fun!!