Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Grammy, happy anniversary!!

Sulabug, there are a couple with 2 tables that probably won't mind if you made them two But only one is required. Sorry that wasn't clear but I appreciate this helpful feedback.

No bench sitting. I don't like people on my lawn! jk. Sit in the house on a cushy couch drinking tea or cocoa and eating cookies or whatever.

So Here is the updated players list

1. Jaba
    2. Elisabrat
    3. VJC
    4. TheMamaHauser
    5. Nurse Bonnie
    6. Cherrio
    7. Tam...Moo
    8. MaryToddliz
    9. Lv2sew2011
    10. Stitchingpost
    11. Sasquilter
    12. Dconroy84
    13. Vanogay

Off to a fantastic start and we still got a ways to go for sign ups. Love it. Alright. Carry on.

BTW, I got 38/40 on my math midterm. Yay me.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    wordpaintervs that's the way you learn. Lots of free patterns out there for table runners and tablemats. Doesn't have to be complicated, sometimes simple is very nice and relaxing to the soul. Come join us, there isn't any pressure and it'll give you a start to your learning process. I'd swap with you, trust me I remember when I started and quilting is alot different than sewing clothing. ask me how I know? You gotta' start somewhere, new swap on the board, new to quilting, new challenge for you. No excuse, sign up now missy!!!
    You bet Sulabug, you can make me 2. I have 2 different table types so put down both. A runner fits better in my dining room and a mat fits better in my kitchen. Kept thinking I was going to get a headstart on this and decided I better wait and see my partner's table size. But for me either and or. Don't see your name on that permanent list yet either, hurry hurry!!!!

Heheh. Yes. You could even go find one of those gigantic blocks 16"+ and just make one, do a birthing method and stitch in the ditch.

Blog Entries
    "Birthing method"... wow. That took me a good 3 minutes to figure out what on earth you meant. And a few of the first ideas I came up with were NOT quilting-related!

I will probably stitch in the ditch unless The Six arrives before then. I can always keep my fingers crossed.
    Mischief Managed.

Teee hee Ok.. so no one else gets horrified with mental images, it's where you put the fabrics right side together, with batting on the bottom (or top, whatever), sew around the outside leaving a spot to turn, clip corners, trim batting close to the seam, turn inside out. Tada, you birthed a table runner/topper
    It's what I did with this hexagon. I don't know why. I originally planned it that way because I was expecting to use a cord trim that had a flange but the cord trim I found does not. *sigh*

Blog Entries
    LMAO... I am with you kelly lots of things came to mind Not quilt related! I am watching TV SF kicking Detroit in Game 3... OK I can't help it I am sports minded girl! Don't particularly like the SF Giants but they are a Calif team so gotta cheer the home team.

I think this swap is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see who you put me with! The name Hot Toddy has been used on me before (My name used to be Mary Todd, before I got married and inherited a mother in law with the same name so they called me Marybeth and it kinda stuck!)

So since the cruddy cold is history~ hopefully stays there~ the marathon plans are going ahead! So next Sunday! getting down to the wire now! This old lady will be running~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I'm a sprouted couch potato.. I RAN a couple blocks the other day. My shin muscles are still mad. hehe. I used to jog 5 miles a day back when I was married.

I'm going to let the cats pick the pairings.

Blog Entries
    i'm in! i'm sure i'll be done with all my quiltblocks by then!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I saw this thread...thought, nope, you better get to all the other stuff you have started, etc...then I thought, I will just glance at this thread...then I found myself reading through it all the way, and so here I am signing up!!! I was a very sporadic mostly self taught (excluding the little bit my grandma showed me waaaay back when I was a young girl) hand quilter until about 2 years ago when I happened upon a great lqs with a fab group of gals...they all machine quilt, and while they "ribbed" me about doing everything by hand, they were very accepting...long story short, I started doing some machine quilting, and love it, too...the only thing I am noticing is I "chicken out" when it comes to fmq...I have a great machine, a machine quilt frame (that dh set up for me and I still haven't used ). I have done some fmq on some 12-15 inch squares, but when it comes to anything larger I either do outline straight quilting, or I revert back to my hand quilting...so, this may be just the "kick in the pants" I need to actually do the fmq!! Sorry for the long post..but honest confession is good for the soul!
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Hehe you swap addicts make me giggle Welcome to the Swap Addict Anonymous meeting. I also have a ton of things I need to finish up for the million swaps I'm in. And I also am a chicken to try the FMQ. hehe. I'm kinda paralyzed on this table topper I'm doing as a gift (that might be what prompted this whole thing). I have another one that I need to put borders and ends and backing on, also a gift, but I can SITD for that one, but I am pondering FMQ some pumpkins on it. I gotta try to get the one done and delivered by thanksgiving. The other one I need to get out the door by the 10th of Nov at the latest. The thanksgiving one is going to a non quilter so I'm not as concerned about that.

My mom is the quilter influence in my life, been doing it forever.. 40 years or something. She's done all hand quilting so that's what I know as well, but I'm inherently lazy (read above, sprouted couch potato) so I look into other methods but I just haven't had the chance to do anything yet.

Blog Entries
    i am in the process of fmq- meandering- a wall hanging for the wall hanging swap. i've done 2/3 and i feel like i've lost my rhythm ( hence, the 3 kids, lol) no seriously, last night i had a really good song running through my head, and today i'm songless! i hope to get it back soon!!

Am I old if I get that reference? Or just catholic?

Blog Entries
    i don't know, but i'm neither! i am, however, laughing! that's a trait that probably kept me from having any more! lol. (don't they use that any more?)

Blog Entries
    ok. i might be old.

Sorry Ana I see why you ask for the info,,dummy me for got to put my colors,,,I don't why I thought it had to be in blues and whites
    Sherrie

Was probably ME with the blue white winter ideas that I posted. loving frozen veggies now that is a creative idea for a table mat lol Marybet you kill me sometimes. Darn that girl is good at going left field and having it turn out great too.

Jaba I would like fourteen table toppers and runners as well I could use them all one day but its a one item swapperoo unless you get me in which case you can make me fourteen for all the holidays and then some. see how nice I am? the rest of you that goes for you too feel free to make me a pile of runners that said.. I am making one. And stitching in the ditch as well that is what I know how to do. Not sure i can do more with my machine.. KELLY can I do more with my machine??

I think this swap is good for all levels of quilters too. The more you do the better you get in theory. I am hoping this theory will extend to this swap. Found a marvelous runner pattern and am dying to start on it but will wait tapping my feet til I know what colors I should work with. And come up with a name that is wintery and makes orange tie dye that is your livingroom colors right Jaba/ marybeth camo shoot that will be easy. have some of that. I can make a bouquet of camo flowers for yours, Anastasia you need a couch lap table runner for when your sitting and pondering life with your tea and donuts that you ran to the store .. anyone else here.. lets see Nancia you will forgot since your SO OLD what colors you need to a rainbow of winter for you.. stitching post you have sometimers disorder it seems (sometimes I remember stuff sometimes I dont) so you get a tablerunner with strings to tie around your fingers on the ends so you can better remember stuff!
    I can go on but think Anastasia here will give me the boot! hey like those boots give them over right now!
    everyone looks like we will have a good group, the more the merrier so SIGN UP.. it will be fun.

oh last one congrats on your math test score! your such a wiz with that stuff. ah to be a KID again..you and Kelly are doing great lots of hard work and still you come here to play too. Lucky us.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Um... I don't know. Me & Brother Gaius are having some tense moments lately. I've put him away several times in the last week as punishment for being an a-hole.

If you had a floating frame, you could use him for free-motion quilting. I know you can do it without a frame, too. I have only really used it to do 'normal' sewing. The Six is for all the fancy stuff.
    Mischief Managed.

Hehehe.. I could pair Kelly with Stitch and she could make Stitch some cowboy boots like she did for someone in the boom swap. Stitch LOVES cowboys.

It's been realllyyy weird to have so many days with no school obligations this week. Wooo. Course my house is a disaster. I'll get on that. I finished a quilt top but I gotta find border fabric now.

Off to fix my truck.. hopefully. no more running for this sprouted potato.

After meeting some of you on the Boomerang swap and getting to know some on the Secret Santa - I need the continual banter to keep me laughing! I'm so in! And I think that a nice hot todday would be a perfect accompliment with the runner!
    Quilting as I go traveling down the road

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Blog Entries
    Perfect travelinggramma, a very large hot toddy and I'll join you for sure! Anastasia the only reason you ran then was to get out of the house, you could have just gone to the nearest Starbuck's or somewhere you know? Now you don't want to 'cause you can stay at home in peace Me, oh my I'd be lucky to make it to the end of the block. If I did, I'd have to crawl home on all fours, geezs that would be a sight don't 'ya think? Holly molly "brat" where did you get that idea? orange tyedye, no way , never, not a cold day in h- - - !!! Hmmmm can you tell orange just is not my most favorite, will wear it once a week 'cause of the Bronco's, but that's the only time. Actually my living room is shades of tanish to chocolate with some turquoise light to dark thrown in to hi-light. And I didn't say I wanted that many, I said I would take 1 of each, a runner and a mat. Okay guess I better shut up now and let you all have a little piece and quiet, but I'll be back.

Jaba, I knew you and I were kindred spirits. We lived in Colorado Springs for 17 years and I rooted for the Broncos many Sundays - not real hard though. I am a DIE HARD SAINTS fan- through thick and thin - and guess who they play tonight - the Broncos. I won't be wearing orange tonight!! Have looked at my stash for the runner/mat/whatever I end up doing and it will more than likely have some fancy stitches on it in addition to some simple quilting. This seemed to be my year for table runners and place mats. Have made some already as gifts - one even in my Secret Santa package. Looking forward to getting started, Ana, on with this...
    P.S. Congrats on your math test. Only serves to prove that gray matter is still working up there!
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Oh lordy Vanogay, I guess we are! that's awesome betcha' $5 and I'm wearing my Bronco sweatshirt!! heehee, but I really am. Hubby was very happy today his packers won, had 1 son very unhappy chargers lost but the other 1 is a bronco fan also so it's super for our division. I do love football! don't know why just do. And if you have no place to send all those placemats and table runners I would be willing to take at look at them for you, just to let you know if they will be okay you understand, and I might be kind of slow getting to the post office, but you might evenually get them back, yah right. Just saying .....I'll take em'..

I'm in, sent pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Oh lordy Vanogay, I guess we are! that's awesome betcha' $5 and I'm wearing my Bronco sweatshirt!! heehee, but I really am. Hubby was very happy today his packers won, had 1 son very unhappy chargers lost but the other 1 is a bronco fan also so it's super for our division. I do love football! don't know why just do. And if you have no place to send all those placemats and table runners I would be willing to take at look at them for you, just to let you know if they will be okay you understand, and I might be kind of slow getting to the post office, but you might evenually get them back, yah right. Just saying .....I'll take em'..
    Hm....gave one off my table to neighbor who has been helping me since I broke my arm - she loved the colors - I can't reproduce it exactly, but can make me another. Like I said one in the Secret Santa package (you???) and some for both my DILs - can't remember if there's one for sister or not. Might just have to make one with NFL Bronco material for some one I know......
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    i feel i must defend myself!! i am not tttthhhhaaaatttttt old! i still remember my name!! it's "JMS Hanes" it's in all my t-shirts so i won't forget. other than that it's sweetheart, or boo.
    there is a quilt swap somewhere on this board, so if you seriously want to swap quilts, there ya go! i'm thinking with this storm coming, i may be able to pull and cut fabrics for my boom! that will put me ahead of my own schedule! i am going to finish my dgd's quilt, and that will give me handwork to do. and i am worried silly we may not be able to make the trip to dallas. heartbreak! i need a baby fix, and a chance to see my dd, her beautiful smile (without braces, woohoo!!) and celebrate her 26th b'day. and see my wonderful son, his beautiful wife, and all my friends who still live there. most importantly, i want this storm to change it's mind and go out to sea!! anyone in it's path, please protect yourselves and your pets! and if they say "GO", then GO!! please!
    and for goodness sakes, COWBOYS get it together!! lost by 5 is still a loss!!
    Last edited by nancia; 10-28-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast