Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 12-22-2012, 10:21 AM

Elisabrat, I've been here for Christmas 4 times now. In preparation for the Christmas eve meal, we've been eating meatball soup the last 2 days. The meatballs are the same meat as the 2nd appetizer course on Chrismas eve, but boiled instead of pan fried. The broth is from the chicken that was cooked to make tartelettes, the 3rd course of Christmas eve dinner, which are basically mini pot pies without tops, filled with chicken and white asparagus that's going to be cooked together until the asparagus disintegrates. The first course though will be bread with cold cuts, liver pate, and pickled herring with schnapps (so the fish has something to "swim in"), which will all proceed the main course of roasted duck.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:27 PM

oh heck I am coming to your house I LOVE roast duck! and here I am just making a turkey dinner and all the fixings and then the prime rib dinner with caeser salad.. I just realized this morning sitting in a chair relaxing at the clinic holly heck I have to make the sweetpotatos and the jello and the wine cake today. there is no space to put the turkey and the rest inthe oven. oh crud! oh and i forgot to wash blankets yesterday. WHERE WAS I?? and then there is finish wrapping and pick up the house a bit more and ahhhh nothing to do at all. I am fine phew.. not. zoom zoom zoom! and its SNOWING and sticking and the temp is dropping pretty fast went from 39 at 12 to 34 in 30 minutes it will not warm up from there. ok goody goody. I am making liver pate too as I figure my daughters boyfriend will eat me out of house and home when they arrive. human vacuum!oh boy am I glad I went shopping yesterday.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:51 PM

WEll all my family have been sent and all opened their Christmas and Hannakkah presents. My hubby is still in NJ with the Red Cross (My heart really goes out to those who still have no home and no electricity from Hurricane Sandy).
I have totally finished sorting and cleaning out my sewing area and stash. Have a large bag of "what was I thinking" material and books that will go down to our new store that consigns/sells "second time around" Craft things - all good quality too!
Put off cleaning the house - I HATE cleaning!! And planning on making two pillow covers for the couch. (Found the two pillows in sewing area - who knew!!)
So it will be me and Annie (my Golden Doodle) for the holidays! Planning on hitting the movie theatre since Les Mis is opening on the 25th! Everyone have a happy and HEALTHY time!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 PM

Same crew, should be kinda snowwy for christmas. Have to clean don't want to clean.. to tired and drained to clean. .Need cleaning fairy. hehe. So I was oot and aboot all day today, powered through at the gym then hung out at moms, so tomorrow, est cleaning and I vow to sew at least one block tomorrow, preferrably 2. maaaaybbe I might get them ALL done. That would be SWEEEEETTTTT
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 AM

ok two things reread things without rushing: dustysmom: ugh, boiled, baked, recooked overcooked. skipping dinner with you but you could bring me some cheese back with you and the prerequist fabric. I sure hope you check out the fabric sneak like a few pictures of the stock in the store.. show us so we can see what is popular in Denmark. I look at fabric stores all the time in London and Scottland on the internet.. and there is a crafty magazine called Mollie Makes from the UK that is great to peruse and see how woman are crafting internationally. I love to check it all out.
Traveling gram: I think cleaning out a sewing room sounds like a MARVELOUS thing to do I love when its all reorganized and every duck is in a row.. its so nice to know exactly where to go for things. Not a bad way to go through the holidays AND with a golden doodle .. oh sigh can I have one? pretty please?? and I think you have chickens too don't you? a farm like house. and can you please put a crafty thrift store right here please in my town? we have.. wine glasses and um blankets and stuffed animals. no crafty stuff ..shoot.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:23 AM

Linda - our neighbors have chickens so we get fresh eggs - YUM!! Oh I wish I had a farmhouse - nope just a double wide here. Of course that is huge compared to the fifth wheel we were living in for 8 years!!
Yip - have my to-do list for today - pick up all the sewing stuff spread around the dining room and LR and put it away and then find the floor. Next is my pile of memorabilia - I need to sort thru it and decide what to do with it! My last "moving" boxes!!
Have presents from the kiddies but will wait till hubby comes home to open. (this is almost as bad as SS!!)
Have yourself a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:58 AM

part of my family celebrated christmas yesterday. early reviews on the stockings i made are raves! ,deep sigh of relief. my not-yet-dgd loves that i've made a new nickname for her. real name olivia, but we already have one, so she is now, LALA. so the initial charm on her stocking is "L". worked out well since there were no "O" charms to be had! my other dgd i call olivia LuLu. (she also gets an "L", same reason). it's all good! the stockings are the only gifts i made this year.
has anyone else had a reaction to the shingles shot? had the shot thursday. still have an angry red lump and a miserable "cold". just wondering if this is on the fringe of normal or should i be worried?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Nancia, gonna get a shingles shot in jan so I'll let ya know if I have a reaction. grandma had shingles and ouch, I don't want em!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Nancia, I had the shot about 2 years ago. nasty red bump and hot to the touch on my arm for about 3 or so days if I remember right, but no cold. You probably already had the cold coming on. Seems like every year when I get the flu shot I end up with a cold in 2 or 3 days.....
Old 12-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Seems like every year when I get the flu shot I end up with a cold in 2 or 3 days.....
The military does mandatory flu shots/flu mist (up the nose) and you line up single file and get poked once a year. That's great if you're not allergic to everything under the sun. Long story short, I stopped breathing after mine and it was a huge to-do. The AF refused to do allergy testing "downtown" (i.e., with a civilian doc) so they paid to fly me to the main medical center in Texas and spend a week in a hotel for 2 30-minute appointments - 1 to do the allergy testing and 1 to tell me the results. Brilliant waste of money. But! I don't have to ever have a flu shot ever again. The doctors told me to make sure everyone around me gets immunized and "in theory" I won't get sick because they won't get sick.

Let's all laugh together because I know that *everyone* gets sick after their flu shots. But, to date, I haven't gotten the flu since it was declared off-limits.