Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013! >
  • Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

• Another Woman's Treasure Swap! Sign up thru July 31st, 2013!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:04 AM

frenchfryqueen-your box was mailed today.
    Old 08-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    This is so funny ladies. Here it is:

The box I received from Paulswailia, I have already used the Thimbleberries fabric because a friend needed a border fabric for this quilt she needs done by this Saturday and she did not have enough money or time to go and buy something when she had dropped it off for me to quilt. Yep, it fit perfectly for the border and I have only a small chunk left. Good thing I did not do 6.5" borders and only 5". thanks paulswailia.
    Then, I am doing some owl potholders and sure enough, I had to go find some accent fabric for this fat quarter that I received a couple years ago for a birthday (which is this month ladies 50 years old) so I went digging and in the fabric I received from moonrise, I got my wings, eyes, and beak for the owl. How cool is that. When done I should post a photo for you ladies to see.
    So, the moral of this swap, one quilters trash is another quilter's treasure. Already making use of the fabric.
    I also got that cool yellow with the leave print in it. yep, it will make a perfect backing for a runner I need done real soon for the fair.
    I LOVE being useful!!!!
    Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Whoo hoo! Come on, USPS!!
    Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 AM

Default Fabric and Used

Here are some photos of the stash I received from Moonrise. I used the green for the wings and eyes on both, then used the thimbleberries from paulawalia. Love how it made this quilt turn out finished looking. My friend did not have enough of the brown to put on the border and she wanted a border, so I talked her into this one. It matched so many fabrics in the quilt and looked good against the brown. i like it at least. Got it all quilted last night and the binding on so she can finish the hand sewing.
    Don't you just love those owls! I do. I think going to make one more matching the green owl and send the orange one to my mom. I think a matching pair for the fair would be better, any suggestions? Oh, I showed my neighbor the owls and she wants a set already.
    Attached Thumbnails moonrise.jpg   moonrise1.jpg   moonrise2.jpg   moonrise3.jpg   owls.jpg  

paulswaila-border.jpg  
    Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 AM

Ohh, I love the box you received all my favorite colors. Those owls are just darling.
    Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 AM

Those 100% cotton fabric curtains did not even hang on the window very long. I think I made them and then did not get to use them. Didn't rip them apart, just threw in pile and was going to use for baking on a quilt again. I loved that fabric, but sometimes you can buy to much. LOL Like that orange brown stuff, boy I have used it like crazy and just wanted it out of my house. then some of that was from my aunt's collection she gave me to unload her stash. The trims come from my grandmas/dh gramas, and great grandmas stash of stuff, then the fine line, I bought by the box and have extra, please use the ruler handle, I can't drives me bonkers. I hope it was enough, I stuffed the box full. Couldn't get much else in there. And yes, that is RV/Camper fabric. Not sure whom I received that from or when. The house/blue fabric (can mix with the paisley fabric) is from Boston. I bought up quite a bit, used what I could, was going to make curtains or something like that, but is nice fabric and that is where I got it at. Enjoy.
    Originally Posted by paulswalia
    thank you QuilterMomma, I love my new stash, especially that purple paisley (used to be curtains). I already have plans for that! Here's my photos......
    Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM

OK Y'all, I owe Buddy'smom and apology for not posting sooner that I received a WONDERFUL BOX FULL of fabric and other goodies!!!!!!!!! I had it mail to my office and of course we weren't here on Sat when they first tried to deliver it.
    So yesterday I got all this!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorite pieces was this eagle. I am making my DH a quilt of Valor for Veteran's day and this will be a great piece to add to it. THANK YOU BUDDY'SMOM!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails trash-1.jpg   trash-2.jpg   trash-3.jpg  
    Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 PM

Just ran into this swap. Wow it sounds like so much fun I am sorry I missed it.
    Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 PM

Wow! Lookie at all that wonderful fabric! Love the owls, too!

I'm using some of the fabric from the Christmas box to make some tablerunners. I hope to have the first one finished by morning.

Here's the goodie box "maps" sent me. Isn't it awesome? Love the 30's prints, the farm prints, the florals, the solids, .... all of it! Thanks so much!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]430087[/ATTACH]

ETA: Sorry it took me awhile to get a photo. Weekends around here are always hectic, then my internet kept crashing yesterday evening thanks to some nasty storms that rolled through. Ugh!
    Attached Thumbnails 001-vert.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 08-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM

those owls are adorable!!