April - Boom 18

Old 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM

That block is wonderful Muse! And Jane to answer your question, no we had not met in person....but we know each other now Going to try and do it every year. There are some more members here in Florida that are fairly close but had other plans for that date. Hopefully next year they can make it.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
That block is wonderful Muse! And Jane to answer your question, no we had not met in person....but we know each other now Going to try and do it every year. There are some more members here in Florida that are fairly close but had other plans for that date. Hopefully next year they can make it.

Oh my gosh! Now I AM green! How lucky are y'all.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:03 PM

Muse great block love the blue fabric you chose

big wrap is off my finger, incision doesn't hurt but finger is pretty darn tender as expected. For those of you in medicine surgeon said it was a neuroma and I have no idea on how or when the nerve was pierced.

Picked out some fabrics for pillowcases to donate to a kids camp. Have lots of cuff fabric for girls but almost zero for boys. Hope to sew on them tomorrow
Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 PM

Thinking of you Terriamn. Glad finger is tender not hurting.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Power Poster

Hi Boomers...
I just dropped in to see if anyone posted blocks today. There were so many over the weekend, I got spoiled. We must be getting close to finishing soon. I love seeing everyone's creations.

Terri I looked up neuroma online. Looks like it happens most commonly in feet. Looks like a knot in a damaged nerve (scar tissue?). Your finger is doing so well, so fast! You are actually going to sew pillowcases tomorrow? That's amazing.

I have a lovely sew day at home tomorrow and then my guild meets in the evening. Going to try and get at least one more charity top quilted tomorrow. I've made a bunch of "Quick Strippies" but need to quilt them.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:42 PM

Thank you Libster, so thoughtful of you. I love it!!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
This is a bonus block for Marija since I had enough of her fabric to do it with. It's a "Leah's Star". Hope you can use it.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:09 PM

Sorry, I did'nt tag along. Sounds like you had a great time.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
More wonderful blocks as usual. Thank you for my bonus block Joan. I love the barn door. Now I only have to make two more of those blocks.

Big thanks for the picture of the beautiful women in our boom. It was wonderful to see everyone.

Sewbiz girl I took your advice. We have Cruisin quilters here in San Diego. 10 shops get together, offer discounts, and offer 12 1/2" patterns for free and the fabric you need for $5 each square. Kinda like a row swap. I was going to do Hawaiian fabric for the next swap but wouldn't you know it, they had a tropical Hawaiian theme in the color one of the recipients of the quilts I'm making loves.. So I got the fabric and squares for 6 of them. We went to 8 of the 10 shops. I went with the beginner I am helping to learn to quilt (kind of like the blind leading the blind). We had a lot of fun. restrained ourselves from spending too much and got fabric for projects for the next six months.

I bought fabric for the next boom and it is Hawaiian fabric. After all there are two people who are getting Hawaiian fabric. It's more restrained than the skeletons but not by that much.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:13 PM

What a cute block, love the colors.
Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Here is my kitty block for Billi! I love this color of fairy frost fabric. Your kitty fabric was so fun to play with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569505[/ATTACH]
Old 03-06-2017, 11:24 PM

Hi Boomers, so nice to meet you all. Do you all live in Florida?
Old 03-07-2017, 06:31 AM

Sewbiz my finger ached for 3 days and on the fourth no pain, just tenderness and numbness.. Think sewing pillowcases will ease my way back to sewing blocks. Finger is still well protected by a thick bandaid. If it doesn't work today then I will try again tomorrow.

This afternoon I'm going to be paid for my opinion. How great is that