April - Boom 18

Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Ohhh just got through looking and the pics didn't come close to doing them justice. Thanks so much fellow boomers and especially our fearless leader Janice.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:11 PM

Yea! My squishy came in the mail. I'm so happy & excited about this space quilt. Thanks so much for all of your beautiful blocks!

Marietta, I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother!
That's a hard one. Prayers sent your way!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:20 PM

I have wonderful news to share, not only did all my great blocks arrive about 5 minutes ago. After 21 days in hospital little Liam went home this morning.

Marietta I am so sorry on the loss of your brother my heart goes out to you
Old 04-21-2017, 12:46 PM

Marietta, I, too, send hugs on the loss of your brother. That's a hard one. Been there.
Terri, I'm so happy to hear that Liam is doing so much better and able to go home with Mom and Dad. Happy day!
Janice, thank you for being the perfect hostess. We would be totally lost without you. ((((((Hugs))))))
I think I've left feedback for everyone in this group. If I've missed someone, please let me know. Don't want to leave anyone out.
Until the next Boom, Ladies!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:42 PM

Oh Terri..thats such wonderful news!! We all need to continue to pray for his health! Hugs....
Marietta. Im sorry about your brother. I lost my sister and I dont think we ever quite get over it.
No squissys for me..suppose to be tomorrow... I dont do the feedback but appreciate all that do!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 PM

Terri that's great news, hope the little guy keeps improving!
Marietta, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I have been there with my brother also.. it takes some time but it does get better. I try to remember the good times and events that we had together, special things we did and it really makes me smile. You will get to this point too.
joanelizbay, everyone likes the feedback if you can. If you have trouble with it, I'd be glad to help you and walk you through it if you wish, just let me know.
Janice- Thank you so much for another Boom! Your time and effort are so appreciated, you are the one that makes it all possible. Thank you - Thank you - Thank you
The post office says tomorrow is my day, I will be doing the happy dance! Just finished the binding on the quilt for the 2 month group....it is done! I'm ready for the new one. Thank you all for the blocks that you made for me, I put your board name on the block you make so I can always look back and remember. I love these friendship quilts, to me they are special knowing you take the time to pick a pattern, read the notes, try to adhere to color choices and most of all to make the best 12 1/2" square you can. I look back at past booms and I can see how all of us have improved on our skills....that's a very good thing! Thank you all very much. Will post some pics soon..........
Old 04-21-2017, 03:22 PM

I'm just overwhelmed everyone. All the blocks were awesome. My husband and I so enjoyed looking them. The talent and craftsmanship is amazing. Thank you.

Janice you are an awesome facilitator. Your help to me and willingness to help me individually was amazing. Your gift of time was greatly appreciated.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Ohhh just got through looking and the pics didn't come close to doing them justice. Thanks so much fellow boomers and especially our fearless leader Janice.

I switched the direction of the center block I made for you. Still included some extra strips in case you decide to make other adjustments.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:35 PM

Jaba would you please leave directions on how to leave feedback. I've played around for 15 minutes and its not intuitive and I can't find directions either. Thanks,

Marietta I am using my Day of the Dead quilt to remember my sister and my dad. I'm thinking of you. It's hard to lose a sibling.

Yeah for baby Liam. Great news! Made me smile.

I'm still looking at my blocks.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Hooray for Liam... what a fighter! Hope he stays healthy and grows.

I won't see my blocks til I get back home, but thanks to those who have already started leaving feedback. Yes, feedback is a good thing. It's easy to do and if you don't want to write anything you can just click on "positive" with no comment.

Look at the person's post in the thread... then click on the highlighted number next to where it says "feedback score" on the last line under their name (left sidebar). That opens their feedback page, just like magic! Then look to the right sidebar and click on "leave feedback for 'so and so'." Easy peasy once you know the secret.