April - Boom 18

Old 06-12-2017, 12:03 PM

Hi, klaws. Welcome! Glad you're going to play with us.
You can send whatever you'd like in fabric. Just keep in mind that it is stripes, so patterns would be limited for it. You specify what you want (or don't want) for background and accompanying colors. The only thing you can't specify is a specific fabric or what pattern we decide to make for you. We all try to stick to your requests as closely as we can. So far it seems to work very well.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:49 PM

Klaws there is no such thing as to bright of fabric for me. Now stripes are a challenge but love how the blocks turn out. What colors are you going to ask to go with it? I'd say go for it

Storm still has 39,000 homes and business's without power. We had a small amount of hail and no damage from it. Have never ever seen that much hail before
Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Klaws, this is terrific and right up the alley of someone we all know and love...Kassaundra!!! She does marvelous things with striped fabric!
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I'm looking forward to the next boom. I want everyone's opinion. I have about 4 yards of this fabric and would like to use it. Do you think it is too busy or too much of a challenge? The stripes are straight (not wavy) and the colors are brighter than in the picture. I'll wait for responses before I start cutting. Thanks!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574519[/ATTACH]
Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 PM

Just an FYI that joanelizbay cannot post for some reason that has not been figured out yet. She'll be back with us asap.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:37 PM

Im trying again after rebooting and asking Patricia to help...it must have worked because I can see the text box now. Thanks Janice for helping with support!! Not that I had anything to say much LOL..they did NOT do the glue on my cousin. said it was an old fracture that had healed and fractured again and they didnt think the glue would hold so they are trying to control the pain and then go from there. I mentioned the nursing home for therapy..HOLY bar the door I could have shot her as mad as she got! LOL She sure a stubborn woman! Hopefully doctors will figure it out tomorrow.. Glad I can post Maybe next time Ill have something to say...I was going to tell Klaws that there was one member who LOVED strips but someone beat me to it ! LOL
Old 06-12-2017, 04:29 PM

Well we all know what I think about stripes, bring them on!!!!! lol
I'm looking forward to the next boom. I want everyone's opinion. I have about 4 yards of this fabric and would like to use it. Do you think it is too busy or too much of a challenge? The stripes are straight (not wavy) and the colors are brighter than in the picture. I'll wait for responses before I start cutting. Thanks!!!

Old 06-12-2017, 05:12 PM

i have the perfect fabric to match it!
Old 06-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

I can work with it, if it's what you want to send. It will be a challenging, to be sure, and will make a wild quilt... but did you see Teriamn's last one?
Old 06-12-2017, 06:07 PM

I'm glad that there are some who would like the challenge. I would suggest plain colors except black. I love bright colors. Go wild! I will start preparing as soon as I finish the table runner tomorrow for the swap here on QB.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Yes, sewbiz, I saw Terri's shock wave. I love it!