April - Boom 18

Old 04-21-2017, 05:30 PM

When I first saw the pieces I was like ????? then I remembered you saying something about including pieces incase I wanted to change something, but the block looks good to me.
Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I switched the direction of the center block I made for you. Still included some extra strips in case you decide to make other adjustments.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:45 PM

Thanks sewbiz for explaining feedback. Hubby and I went to dinner and just got home It's been gloomy and overcast all day here. I got up this morning at 5:15 and it was raining and hasn't quit yet. It's cold here, a whole wet 40 deg. Brrr
Old 04-21-2017, 05:46 PM

Hey My mail lady came by early today YAY!!!!! I was able to take the time and go through every block and put them on my design wall. Ladies thank you I'm already getting a kick out of them and all I did was iron and toss them up as in order as I opened them. A couple of you mentioned that this fabric challenged you. In my opinion you more than met the challenge and I'm happy to know it helped you stretch yourself as a quilter. Beautiful beautiful work ladies, I'm going to name this one here kitty kitty. Thank you all! [ATTACH=CONFIG]571841[/ATTACH]

Terri: awesome news on baby Liam.

Marietta: I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope soon you can think of him with Joy and laughter in your heart.

I look forward to seeing all the completed quilts
Attached Thumbnails here-kitty-kitty-.jpg  
Old 04-21-2017, 07:13 PM

Received my blocks today, what fun to see them all, after a day of shopping for a new clothes dryer.
My thoughts are with you Marietta & Terri.
Many thanks to Janet, our hostess.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Mine are also ironed and on design wall but my wall only holds 20 blocks. Think I have the right color sashing fabric. Maybe just maybe I will actually finish one of my boom quilts. To think it's the one with the wildest and brightest fabrics of all. The blocks look fantastic together, thanks all.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:40 PM

Ok You're going to laugh at me. My husband was admiring all the blocks and he said you're in trouble, these blocks are all squares and triangles, I've never seen you make a block with squares and triangles in it. I pulled out Marietta's, Ibex, and Billi's blocks so he wouldn't be too concerned. I bet he was thinking, at least they're a few others like her in this boom.

Five of these blocks will get hand embroidery and beading on them. All of them will get special FMQ on them. Thank goodness I'm much better at FMQ than piecing. We have a three week vacation in the van so lots of time for the hand sewing. Then they will be made into three 'sister' quilts that will honor my sister and father be used for wall hangings. I'll put a picture up when they're done.

Let me know if I missed you for feedback. It's been a pleasure everyone.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:28 AM

Received my package today, thank you everyone. Just ironed and put them on the design wall so they aren't organized yet but they are here. Your blocks are going to blend very nicely into a quilt and no duplicates of patterns. I think they look awesome together! [ATTACH=CONFIG]571883[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3422.jpg  
Old 04-22-2017, 02:00 PM

Well hello Ladies...been MIA but received my blocks yesterday and I am just amazed at all the beautiful blocks I have received...THANK YOU ...THANK YOU...THANK YOU..is all I can say. They are so beautiful and I love each and every one of them..Hopefully this will get me out of the funk I have been in for 2 months...
Old 04-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Your block collection looks great, Jaba.

NanaK, hope you feel better. Playing with your blocks is good therapy!
Old 04-22-2017, 07:17 PM

Nana Kathybso sorry you have been in a funk, hope this takes your mind off things and you can once again enjoy sewing. Sending big hugs