April - Boom 18

Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 AM

The bad part of not having any sense of smell ................. don't realize my lunch is burning until I start having and asthma attack. The good part ......................... I can just scrape and eat it can't taste it anyway. Always a silver lining I guess.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:14 PM

I've worked with a lot of early stage dementia patients. My father had sundown dementia and my mother's solution was to just yes him all the time. It worked pretty well. My 95 year old mother doesn't have dementia but we do all important things in the morning when she isn't tired. It just makes life easier.

Wishing for everyone to get better quickly.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to join the next boom. I bought the fabric but the timing doesn't work unless one of the groups has ten or so members. I'll have to lurk instead.

I love FMQ. Angel Walters has a glass of wine next to her in her midnight hour quilting videos. I think giving yourself permission to not be perfect is key with FMQ. I drink a small glass of beer at 5 pm, quilting or not. I bought a used sweet sixteen this year and have had a lot of fun transferring my skills to that. It just takes practice and fearlessness.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Kass glad you are feeling a little better

I have some very fun fabric for next swap, sure will miss the regulars. I love this swap and all the swappers Think it is my sanity in all the turmoil of my Mom and BIL and can't imagine not chatting with you all
Old 05-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Hi MJP! Ah, so alcohol is a component of FMQ. Good to know. Enjoy that Sweet Sixteen. I think that's what Terri has recently bought, too. Will miss you in the next boom. Maybe things will change for you... or if not, there's always next time (I hope!). I love this swap.

Thanks to you and Kass for the clarification of sundowners. And the Lewy body dementia seems to involve "Lewy bodies", which are unwanted proteins that get in the brain and screw things up. Really, the end result of all these dementia forms seem to look pretty similar. When I was growing up we just called it "senile", and it seemed to be expected of everyone, if they lived long enough.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:53 PM

Hi Kass, My sister is going thru the last stages of ELS. She is only 2 yrs older than me. I still have a hard time believing it happened to her.
Mary Jo, welcome back from your vacation if your home. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. QUOTE=Kassaundra;7828499]The bad part of not having any sense of smell ................. don't realize my lunch is burning until I start having and asthma attack. The good part ......................... I can just scrape and eat it can't taste it anyway. Always a silver lining I guess.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-23-2017, 02:06 AM

Marija, I'm sorry to hear of your sister's diagnosis. you'll both be in my thoughts.

Just an fyi for the group. I've received my mailing supplies for the next Boom. I've set up my database, now I just need to firm up dates!
Old 05-23-2017, 03:11 AM

Marija, so sorry about your sister. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers

I am up and ready to go home. Just waiting for rest of household to wake up. My sister and I finished the porch cushion covers and can't wait to go home to see finished results.

My oldest dd is flying in tonight for a week, it will be nice to see her again for a few days before we go off to the lake for Memorial weekend.

Kass hope you are feeling better every day.

Yeah Janice!
Old 05-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

I'm sorry about your sister's illness too, Marija. Prayers for you both.

Kass, how's it going? Hope you are feeling better every day.

Janice... YAY, new boom coming up! I was just pondering last night about what to send. Either a new piece or several stash pieces that need to get made up into quilts for the charity I support. Not long ago, Terri had a great idea of using all different florals for a floral sampler. I may do that this time. Makes a lot more sense than making another quilt for myself.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:12 AM

My lungs are feeling better today, they didn't "like" being intubated, then adding insult to injury I smoked myself out, burned food I was cooking and couldn't tell. Just doing spurts of activity w/ lots of rest and the never ending sinus rinses. I've been working on Summer Citrus here is a sneak peek.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573516[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1042.jpg  
Old 05-23-2017, 11:41 AM

Happy to hear you are improving. Summer Citrus 🍊is looking good!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
My lungs are feeling better today, they didn't "like" being intubated, then adding insult to injury I smoked myself out, burned food I was cooking and couldn't tell. Just doing spurts of activity w/ lots of rest and the never ending sinus rinses. I've been working on Summer Citrus here is a sneak peek.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573516[/ATTACH]