April - Boom 18

Old 06-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Glad to hear the QB is up and running well again. I thought it was just my computer at first. Great pix everyone. I'll post more on that later. I'm sitting in the ER. Or rather, I'm on a bed in the ER hooked up to monitors, trying to figure out why I'm having some mild chest pain. I cannot believe it. Apparently not a heart attack, no blockages discovered yet. EKG and X-ray look good. Just waiting for a second blood draw to make sure there hasn't been a change in the blood chemistry in two hours. A bit of a mystery. Unless the next blood draw shows a problem, sounds like I'll be discharged with an order to be seen by a cardiologist and have a stress ekg. In the meantime, I'm feeling a bit like I over reacted but the pain is real so something is happening. Might just be muscle spasms??? Good grief. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Oh no, Janice... you did the right thing going to get it checked. A cardiologist would be great. They will probably want you to wear a heart monitor for a few days to get a better picture of your heart function.

Just don't peg out on us, ok? We'd miss you too much.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 AM

Thanks, Sewbiz. Im glad you are doing well after your injections. As for me, I'm home and feeling completely normal except for when these mild pains occur. They only last a few seconds and then fade but there are a lot of them. Docs found nothing abnormal (hard to believe, huh? lol) but as expected, a stress ekg and cardiologist visit are in my near future. So until further notice, no pegging out.

GramE, love the setting idea.

Kass, wow! as usual.

Terriamn, I guess I missed that this would be your first boom finish but my goodnesss, it's a wild one!! Congratulations!!!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh no, Janice... you did the right thing going to get it checked. A cardiologist would be great. They will probably want you to wear a heart monitor for a few days to get a better picture of your heart function.

Just don't peg out on us, ok? We'd miss you too much.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:09 PM

"As for me, I'm home and feeling completely normal except for when these mild pains occur. They only last a few seconds and then fade but there are a lot of them. Docs found nothing abnormal (hard to believe, huh? lol) but as expected, a stress ekg and cardiologist visit are in my near future. So until further notice, no pegging out. "

Glad you went! You probably cut your wait time for the ekg in half! And as a side note, I was having chest pains eons ago, went through the cardiac route, but it wound up being 2 pinched nerves caused by herniated discs. When the cardiac dr said to me "well, I'm sure there is nothing wrong, but we'll do an angiogram and then you will feel better." What I wanted to do to him, would not have made him feel better! Hope you have Drs with better bedside manners!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 PM

Janice glad it wasn't your heart.

Sewbiz glad your feeling better

GramE love the orange fabric it goes very nicely w/ the boom blocks.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Janice, good plan not to peg out!

It's amazing how much the injection has helped already. My back has given no pain on the right side at all today. On the left there is still a little... they could only target one side at a time, and the left was minor. I feel great! Janice, I asked the dr. about H Wave and he had never heard of it at all. I also asked about stem cell injections and he said that was still experimental and insurance wouldn't pay for it. That's the last ditch effort tho, for people who's backs don't respond to anything else.

I'm ready to take some test run longer drives in the car and see how I tolerate it.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 PM

Have been so busy with end of school stuff that I didn't even notice QB was malfunctioning. Anyway, glad to see everyone is doing ok. To keep myself from going off the deep end with the aforementioned school stuff, I have been working on this in my spare (ha ha) time. One more shelf to go, then to quilt it. I am going to attempt to QAYG. I don't usually post pics of WIPs, but I'm glad I did, as I was apprehensive as to how it was turning out. But it actually looks okay. I was worried about too much black space.
Attached Thumbnails dscf4653.jpg  
Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 PM

I have been so busy with end of year school stuff, I didn't notice that the QB was malfunctioning. This is what I have been working on in my spare (ha ha) time to stay sane. I was worried that there was too much black, but after looking at the picture, I think it is going to turn out okay. I have one more shelf and then to QAYG. I plan to have it finished before the next boom starts.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 PM

This may end up in a third posting. I tried to edit the first one and it disappeared, so I re-typed it only to have the first one reappear. Technology and I aren't good friends before 9:00 p.m. and certainly not after. I think it is time to say good night.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin View Post
Have been so busy with end of school stuff that I didn't even notice QB was malfunctioning. Anyway, glad to see everyone is doing ok. To keep myself from going off the deep end with the aforementioned school stuff, I have been working on this in my spare (ha ha) time. One more shelf to go, then to quilt it. I am going to attempt to QAYG. I don't usually post pics of WIPs, but I'm glad I did, as I was apprehensive as to how it was turning out. But it actually looks okay. I was worried about too much black space.
wonderful! It looks great. A family member has been trying to provoke me into making one, thus far I've resisted. Do you have a pattern or are you designing your own? Love the clock & the teapot.