April - Boom 18

Old 04-13-2017, 06:29 PM

Re: the 100 quilt challenge....I'll use my scraps and produce what comes our of it. The other ladies are generally handquilters...not pieces.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

So sorry to hear about Liam's problems... extra prayers going up!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:14 AM

Thanks Sewbiz , little fellow sure has had a rough start.

Completly finished 2 charity quilts and another quilter gave me fabric for 2 more backs in exchange I will quilt hers. Getting lots of practice on the new machine.i
Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM

Boomers, I received the last three packages not five minutes ago. Great job getting everything here ahead of schedule. Boomers are the best!

My planned shipping date remains April 20th. If that changes, I'll let you all know.

Thank you, Boomers!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Boomers, I received the last three packages not five minutes ago. Great job getting everything here ahead of schedule. Boomers are the best!

My planned shipping date remains April 20th. If that changes, I'll let you all know.

Thank you, Boomers!
It sure is nice when the post office cooperates :-). Thank you for coordinating this wonderful opera!!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 PM

Default This is what I have been working on

While we wait for our fearless leader to do her magic I thought I would shar 4 of the other projects I finished up since the beginning of the year. I told you it's the year of Baby for me plus I finally finished my youngest daughters boot quilt. She has moved back to the US from Norway where she spent 10 months exploring parts of Europe, doing a ton of hiking and overall having a new experience. She's didn't return to San Diego she's close enough in Colorado where this heavy double batted and minky back will keep her warm. Or smother her in her sleep. it's a toss up on. which
Boot scoot Boogie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]571553[/ATTACH]

This is probably the closest to an actual Baby quilt I have ever made.

Alphabet Soup with made with Laurel Burch fabrics

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571554[/ATTACH]

This one is for a girl I have known since she was in Kindergarten and a member of my daisy scout troop She's my daughters best friend and I'm excited to give this to her at the baby shower next weekend.

Diamonds are forever

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571555[/ATTACH]

And finally for another Nephew who's baby was born March 30. His wife is an English teacher that now teaches primary school teachers technics in teaching reading. I'm really excited to give this to them when they visit in June.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]571556[/ATTACH]

I'm currently working on a crayon quilt for the last baby quilt of they year.

You all have a great weekend and enjoy your Easter Sunday.
Attached Thumbnails %2A%2Aboot-scoot-boogie-kendal-small.jpeg   %2A%2Aalphabet-soup-nicholas-small.jpeg   %2A%2Adiamonds-forever-baby-rojas-small.jpeg   %2A%2Ai-am-lorax-liam-small.jpeg  
Old 04-15-2017, 02:48 PM

Happy Easter everyone a bit early!

Billi I love your boot quilt! You have a lot of fun western fabrics! Looks like you're on top of it this year since you've finished a quilt a month. You're an inspiration. I'm thinking I need to take some time off & finish some of my booms, swaps or other UFO's.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

Billi, I love your quilts! All are great. I do love your alternate blocks (the squares) in the Seuss quilt. I love Dr. Seuss, just not the Lorax... I am a fan of his early work. I wish they'd put out a line on Horton Hatches the Egg. That's my favorite Seuss book ever. I can hear my mother's voice reading it to me. It's a GREAT book about good character vs. flawed character.

Today my local charity quilter's group met and we swapped back our Friendship blocks. Basically it was identical to the Boom swaps we do here, minus the postage cost. And I played the 'Janice' role! The blocks are so nice, and we had a great time going around the room 'showing and telling' each of our blocks and who made them. I'm sure they will want to do this again.

I'll try to get an album up in my profile with pictures of the blocks I got back. I'm so happy with them all!
Old 04-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

And yes, Happy Easter to all!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 PM

Billi -- those are great!!! You've been very quilty busy! a boot quilt and seuss quilt are on my bucket list. But first my Boom quilts must be made. I love that border on the boot quilt!

Bonnie -- can't wait to see what your local gang did with their block exchange.

Happy Easter everyone!