April - Boom 18

Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
BUGGERS! Sorry to say I won't be able to do the next swap. I got back to my quilt group here in Or. only to find that they have decided to make 100 lap size quilts for Meals on Wheels folks for Christmas. Fine! Until you realize that only 3 of us are" production" quilters...the other 5 ladies are "discussion leaders"! The fabric has all been donated from estates....So,if my fair share is about 30...that's about one a week...til I go down south next winter. These are about 50x60 inches....I'all miss out ...but can likely join again after the dust settles. Cheers!
What a nice idea, but 100 is a tall order for such a small group! It's only fair for the number to be split equally between the 8 of you (12-13 quilts EACH), if they are going to donate your services. Maybe some of those "discussion leaders" need to do less talking and more quilting... LOL!

Will miss you, francie, but will look forward to swapping with you again in future booms.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:03 AM

Wonderful news, Terriamn. May the good news continue!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...update on little Liam, he will have been in hospital 2 weeks tomorrow. The good news he is out of ICU and no longer sedated, still a long way to go but doc's think he has turned the corner 👍
Old 04-13-2017, 09:28 AM

Just an fyi, I've grabbed all of the new block pix but the editing side of the gallery appears to be down right now. I'll have to update it at a later time. Sorry about that.

And the latest on shipping is that YOU ALL ROCK! All blocks have either been received or are confirmed on the way. Yeah, Aprilites!
All2Pieces
Bibliostone
Billi - confirmed in transit
FrancieYuhas
Ibex94 - confirmed in transit
Jaba
Jclinganrey - confirmed in transit
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Libster
Ljdugas

Marietta
Marija
MJPEncinitas
Mollymunchkin
Muse & Sew
NanaKathy
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just an fyi, I've grabbed all of the new block pix but the editing side of the gallery appears to be down right now. I'll have to update it at a later time. Sorry about that.

And the latest on shipping is that YOU ALL ROCK! All blocks have either been received or are confirmed on the way. Yeah, Aprilites!
All2Pieces
Bibliostone
Billi - confirmed in transit
FrancieYuhas
Ibex94 - confirmed in transit
Jaba
Jclinganrey - confirmed in transit
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Libster
Ljdugas

Marietta
Marija
MJPEncinitas
Mollymunchkin
Muse & Sew
NanaKathy
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma

Looks like the pix are all up now. Thank you, Janice! And our list is looking GREAT!
Old 04-13-2017, 11:49 AM

Thanks Ibex, I love my block and the other blocks you made. Great job!!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Grand reveal continued....

"Indian" for Terriamn
a Leo block for All2Pieces
a Meow block for Billi
"Indian" in space for Muse&Sew
"Spring Basket" for Francie
"Summer Winds" for Nankathy
a giant heart for the love that Dia de los Muertos represents for MJPEncinitas
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by marija View Post
Thanks Ibex, I love my block and the other blocks you made. Great job!!
Thank you and I am very glad you like it. I had fun making it. I was scared about all those points..... I have decided I like finger pressing much more than pressing with the iron when I am sewing the pieces together. The iron comes at the end now and my points are hitting most of the time now. Learning to machine piece is great fun!
Old 04-13-2017, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
BUGGERS! Sorry to say I won't be able to do the next swap. I got back to my quilt group here in Or. only to find that they have decided to make 100 lap size quilts for Meals on Wheels folks for Christmas. Fine! Until you realize that only 3 of us are" production" quilters...the other 5 ladies are "discussion leaders"! The fabric has all been donated from estates....So,if my fair share is about 30...that's about one a week...til I go down south next winter. These are about 50x60 inches....I'all miss out ...but can likely join again after the dust settles. Cheers!
Yikes! That is a lot of quilts. Will they all be the same pattern or do you get to do whatever kind you want?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:17 PM

The question about how we choose blocks for fabric types. I look for blocks that are different or inspire me in some way. I especially look for fussy cutting opportunities. I go mostly by instinct or intuition. I have had misses, some I have been able to "save" by reworking it, others I just had to grit my teeth and send it anyway (just not liking how the design worked not the construction or size) and some of those (my grit my teeth and bare it ones) you ladies have liked.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
The question about how we choose blocks for fabric types. I look for blocks that are different or inspire me in some way. I especially look for fussy cutting opportunities. I go mostly by instinct or intuition. I have had misses, some I have been able to "save" by reworking it, others I just had to grit my teeth and send it anyway (just not liking how the design worked not the construction or size) and some of those (my grit my teeth and bare it ones) you ladies have liked.
I have a hard time believing that your blocks are anything but perfect! You are such an artist!
Old 04-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Ibex if it's a large print I look for a block that doesn't have a bunch of small pieces, so I can show case the larger print. If it's a small print I like to make a block with more pieces and try to use several accenting colors.

unfortunaetly Liam continues to struggle and is in PICU again.

Francie that is quite a mission your little group is taking on. Good luck and hopefully you can join us when the dust settles