April - Boom 18

Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 PM

Wow, Terri, I love your shock wave!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Thanks Ladies it as fun to work with something totally out of my box. Now on to my Granddaughter's. Dragging on my heels on piecing the back, then another boom
Old 06-06-2017, 07:39 PM

Here are some in progress pics of Summer Citrus and Citrus Nights
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574215[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574216[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574217[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574218[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0070.jpg   img_0072.jpg   img_0073.jpg   img_0074.jpg   img_0075.jpg  

Old 06-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Power Poster

Terri, pretty runner, and WOW on the Shock Wave quilt! I think I'd use red thread too, unless I wanted the quilting to really show up. Then I might use the blue, or maybe even the lighter aqua blue.

Kass, is Citrus Nights the back of your Summer Citrus quilt, or another quilt? Both sides are great! Love that fun sashing on Summer Citrus!

Well, I survived the spinal injection today. They used "twilight" so I don't remember much beyond the prep. It went fine, I think, and although it takes longer than this to help heal that inflamed nerve, it's already starting to feel like it's calming down.

One other thing that showed up on my MRI was some sort of mass on one of my kidneys. I panicked, feeling like the doc had given me a death sentence, because my mother had a cancerous mass on one of her kidneys at my age. They removed the kidney and mass, but she ended up dying a few years later from the trauma of it. However, the doc said it may just be a cyst, and harmless. I came home and looked that up on Web.MD, and feel a lot better about it now. They said that 50% of all people over 50 years old have a kidney cyst. They don't cause problems and most people never know they have them until they are spotted on some sort of medical imaging they get done. Ha, just like me. So I'm hoping this is only one of those.... a nice, friendly cyst. I have to have an ultrasound of it done.

Always something, huh?!
Old 06-07-2017, 01:58 AM

Kass Summer Citrus and Citrus Nights is delightful, sashing is great on Citrus and Citrus nights is total thinking outside the box.

Sewbiz glad injection wasn't traumatic and praying mass is a simple cyst. You are right about it being one thing after another.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:53 AM

sewbiz, glad the spinal injection went well now for feeling better! Hoping for a good finding on the mass. Citrus Nights is going to be the back of Summer Citrus.

Thanks Terri, I am having fun w/ the citrus blocks.
Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 AM

Good to hear everyone is mending & healing and on the uptick! (Hope I didn't miss someone).

Mjpencinatas we had a nest of fleas in our landscaping last year & I thought I would go insane. No rain is what made it worse I guess. And 2 small dogs, one who didn't realize fleas were a reality and the other was allergic to the bites. I gave more baths in 2 months than I've given in their whole lives. We never got them in the house, I found a spray, kept washing their bed clothes, lint rollering everything they touched & furniture covers. Vet said it was the worst year ever around here. The flea meds were only lasting about 30 days but even with that I was giving the allergic dog 4 Benadryl a day and keeping her pretty much bald so it was easier to care for her so I feel your pain. We have sprayed the landscaping this year, hope it works.

All these Quilts are beautiful! I love Shock Wave and it happens to be in our local school colors! The citrusy is so soothing. Janice yours looks like a piece of wall art! I forgot some I know but they are amazing when you thing the miles between their beginnings.

I saw a quilt of Bibliostone and was fascinated by how she had put it together so she gave me some tips and then I went to Joann's & something happened when I saw this orange dotted fabric. Instant connection. I saw that fabric and Calgon took me away, the rainbow unicorn farted rainbow glitter and a skittles rainbow appeared. It must be the right one. I was sure! What do you think? This is only half of the blocks, the mostly white ones. And the special one fussy cut for me right in the center! The more orangy ones the connected squares will be white with the orange dotted pinwheel.

Well, my iPad & quiltingboard are not playing well together right now, so you'll have to be in suspense while waiting to see my creamsicle quilt. Sorry, it won't let me attach & there are no icons on this reply to load a pic with.Everyone have a sew fun day. I have to go to JoAnn's & get more fabric!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574231[/ATTACH]
Hey, when I went to edit, all the icons were back! Yeah.
Attached Thumbnails img_2378.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 06-07-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Yes, isn't it nice to have the board up and running again! I'm sure many people panicked when it went down for repairs. We are so dependent! This place is my "facebook"....

GramE, I love your layout! Isn't it wonderful when a fabric just 'clicks'? Love the pinwheels in your setting.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Yes, isn't it nice to have the board up and running again! I'm sure many people panicked when it went down for repairs. We are so dependent! This place is my "facebook"....

GramE, I love your layout! Isn't it wonderful when a fabric just 'clicks'? Love the pinwheels in your setting.
i always think it is just me & I don't know what I'm doing! Never thought about it being the system.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
i always think it is just me & I don't know what I'm doing! Never thought about it being the system.
I thought that too... until I saw that many were posting about their problems and it was all pretty much the same problem. Glad PatriceJ got them to fix it.