April - Boom 18

Old 01-16-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
MJP, I was born a clutz, when I was young it was embarrassing but that was about it. Once I reached my 60's it became a real issue, hubby keeps telling me I should take an acting class on how to fall.
Terri I'm pretty sure that you are my sister from another mister I can't tell you how many times I have tripped, slipped and stumbled to the very hard ground over the years.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:24 PM

Ok Billi and Terri, I'm signing you both up for the FallProof class. Terri you'll just have to move to San Diego.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:35 PM

One reason I "might" wish I lived in Cal was to be near you mjp!! LOL Thank you for the information. Ill see what the ortho doctor says next Tues. Im sure he will have options and I am hopeful surgery isnt one of them. Ive never had problems with balance till I got my eyes "fixed". Im sure it has something to do with the 'readers' Im using till I go see my regular eye doctor. Ive fallen down 2 steps. stumbled when Ive gotten out of bed...tripped over the box of patterns I had on the floor...Hopefully that will go away with "real" glasses!!! This getting old isnt for the weak of heart!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 PM

MJP I have been to San Diego once for an online quilters get together. It was beautiful and so was the weather. I am going to ask my doctor about a fall proof class. Wonder if we have them here.

billi do you fall up stairs more then down stairs, I do. It will be a year since I busted my foot on vacation in Mexico and more then a little anxious to be going back
Old 01-16-2017, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the support everyone!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

MJP, I was born a clutz, when I was young it was embarrassing but that was about it. Once I reached my 60's it became a real issue, hubby keeps telling me I should take an acting class on how to fall.
Or take a fall prevention class so you don't have to fall!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:42 AM

Just an FYI, I've emailed Muse to see if she was serious about withdrawing. I don't want her to miss out on the boom nor do I want you all to miss the opportunity to play with her fabric. I would prefer to wait to see what happens with that darned pkg in the next few days. So, executive decision, unless Muse really wants to withdraw, the boom will be delayed one week to give this a chance to get sorted.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 AM

Good call, Janice. See, that's why you are the bestest!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 AM

MJP I have been to San Diego once for an online quilters get together. It was beautiful and so was the weather. I am going to ask my doctor about a fall proof class. Wonder if we have them here.

billi do you fall up stairs more then down stairs, I do. It will be a year since I busted my foot on vacation in Mexico and more then a little anxious to be going back
Upstairs, down them cracks in the sidewalk and I'm pretty sure I have also been done in by shadow or two. Fortunately it's mostly bumps and bruises but a few years ago I cracked my one remaining patella and elbow in the same fall it was not a good time in my life :/.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just an FYI, I've emailed Muse to see if she was serious about withdrawing. I don't want her to miss out on the boom nor do I want you all to miss the opportunity to play with her fabric. I would prefer to wait to see what happens with that darned pkg in the next few days. So, executive decision, unless Muse really wants to withdraw, the boom will be delayed one week to give this a chance to get sorted.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

This is why you get paid the big bucks .