April - Boom 18

Old 01-17-2017, 01:44 PM

That's the spirit, Sewbiz!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I'm happy to wait a week so that everyone can play. This could have happened to any one of our packages! I hope poor Muse doesn't feel bad....Meanwhile... we can chat!
Muse is good with seeing what happens this next week. The package still seems to be anywhere but in my mailbox. I just talked to my carrier and she said sometimes if the package has been damaged, even if it was addressed correctly initially which this one apparently was, it may now be unreadable and may be returned. So...it's still a wait and see.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just an FYI, I've emailed Muse to see if she was serious about withdrawing. I don't want her to miss out on the boom nor do I want you all to miss the opportunity to play with her fabric. I would prefer to wait to see what happens with that darned pkg in the next few days. So, executive decision, unless Muse really wants to withdraw, the boom will be delayed one week to give this a chance to get sorted.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.
Jaba, another beautiful quilt! Your color and block choices are wonderful!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I agree, a few days is not going to make any difference. I have family flying in tonight, youngest son and wife from Washington, granddaughter from Fort Worth and another granddaughter and great granddaughter from Oklahoma. They'll be here until Sunday....my little house is going to be bulging at the seams That's called family togetherness for sure
Thought I'd show you a pic of what I worked on this last week, just put on the final border...[ATTACH=CONFIG]565935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]565936[/ATTACH]
Old 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

I sure hope Muse's package hasn't been damaged. The postal service has become so unreliable. Seems like every swap has problems with them.

GramE I'd be happy to send you a F8. I'll email you. So sorry about your trouble and I hope you are soon feeling better. No more falls, for you!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:52 PM

Thankyou mjp. Your too nice!!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Thanks Terriamn It dovetails with what I consider my life's work. I've been working with seniors, as an exercise physiologist, for over 30 years. In addition I taught health and kinesiology classes at the local colleges. I love what I do.

and let me take this opportunity to brag on one of our boom members Maritza has been taking my strength and yoga classes for years. In addition she signed up for my FallProof class this season. I put people through a very rigorous assessment including a few things that I recommend that they don't do without me or an assistant right next to them. Not only did Maritza have the fastest walking time of everyone I assessed but she did each test with no hesitation. I wish you could have seen her standing on two foam pieces with arms across chest and eyes closed. Even when it was something that was very challenging for her she was right in there trying her best. That's why I enjoy my job. I get her for the next 8 weeks for this fun but very challenging class and I'm looking forward to every minute of it.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:05 PM

I sent my twin brother a History of Ho Co Mo book on the 10th.Tracking said it was to be deliveredin Cape Coral Fl on the 13th...guesswhat....NO book Fri or Sat, Mon was a holiday and no book today...I checked the tracking and guess where the darn book is??? MY HOUSE..It got to Cape Coral at 9;44 am and at 10:56 it was deemed "non deliverable" and sent to Nashville for return..It was the exact address, zip..very readable so Im going to the post office tomorrow to ask what was wrong with it that they could determine in an hour and 12 minutes that it couldnt be delivered??? At least it wasnt damaged but will cost me another $6.45 to remail it....darn government workers! LOL
Old 01-17-2017, 04:57 PM

Wow, Joanelizbay, Do you get the frequent flyer miles credit for that package?

Jaba - Beautiful quilt. You have such a good eye for color. Enjoy the family time.

Muse&Sew - thanks for sticking with us. Your fabric is so pretty and I would love to see what block everyone makes with it. Starting this swap a few days later won't make a bit of difference to the fabric. I just hope your package arrives wherever it ends up safe and sound.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I sent my twin brother a History of Ho Co Mo book on the 10th.Tracking said it was to be deliveredin Cape Coral Fl on the 13th...guesswhat....NO book Fri or Sat, Mon was a holiday and no book today...I checked the tracking and guess where the darn book is??? MY HOUSE..It got to Cape Coral at 9;44 am and at 10:56 it was deemed "non deliverable" and sent to Nashville for return..It was the exact address, zip..very readable so Im going to the post office tomorrow to ask what was wrong with it that they could determine in an hour and 12 minutes that it couldnt be delivered??? At least it wasnt damaged but will cost me another $6.45 to remail it....darn government workers! LOL
Give 'em hell, Joanliz!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:03 AM

On the continuing saga of the missing package, It's been located and is now in Atlanta. But what's its destination? Is it going back to Muse or headed to me? Stay tuned for future developments!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Well, at least that package is not lost. I'm believing they are trying to get it to you, since it's in Georgia. Maybe even today or tomorrow... whoop, whoop!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:21 AM

It's on the truck to my house. Woo hoo!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
On the continuing saga of the missing package, It's been located and is now in Atlanta. But what's its destination? Is it going back to Muse or headed to me? Stay tuned for future developments!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
They won't charge you to remail it. It was their mistake.