April - Boom 18

Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 PM

Way to go, MJP! They're all wonderful and the third one, the floral, is beautiful! Love the little skull in the lower right corner. Whimsy! So, got to ask, how is the third one made??? Appliqué?
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Thank you Janice. I'm going to stick to the stuff I know. Here are three blocks I made to go next to the Day of the Dead blocks you send me. I also used these as practice blocks for the boom. I'm happy with these as they all turned out to be nice 12 1/2" squares. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566523[/ATTACH] I bet you can guess which one is going to be used for that beautiful fabric no one wants to cut into.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:09 PM

Getting notifications that many pkgs are being delivered today. Woo, hoo!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 PM

Got my squishys today- and mom had to touch each and every one of your fabrics!! She didn't know what to make of those dancing deads!!! Your blocks and applique are great!
We didn't fly away last night, although we had tornado warnings. I didn't want to venture to bath house with my mom as she would either be swept away with the wind or fallen. We kept an eye on everything.
Getting my spreadsheet out and adding your colors and list of possible blocks to go with them.
And then I have a pile of patterns that I really want to use, but not sure your fabric wants them!!
The fun of it all. Love it.
Oh and I got Ibex's stripes!!
Old 01-23-2017, 01:18 PM

If your little guy has any stomach issues, try pumpkin, canned or fresh cooked and puréed. Super high in fiber and it calms the stomach and keeps "things" moving along well. We add a couple of teaspoons to both our dogs' dry food and it helps to quiet the pibble's acid reflux and reduce the need for daily antacids. She only takes meds 3 times a week now. Also, my old dog just plain likes it and it can only help her, too.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
SUCCESS!!!!! at last. We rescued a little 2 lb toothless yorkie a couple of months ago, this little guy is about the pickiest eater I have ever come across. He loves sugar, but the only food we have found he will eat he is allergic to. We've had to keep him on steriods and even then he pulls his hair out and has a horrible rash itches all the time. I feel bad for the little guy but he is refusing all food we try. He won't even consider canned food, but he can't eat the hard and even if he could it is full of the allergens that are making him sick in the first place. So anyway I got on line and found a "recipe" w/ hamburger, eggs (with shell ground) sweet potato and broccoli AND HE ATE IT!!!!! It takes about 10 minutes to make it and I can make a weeks worth or so, and is soooooo much cheaper then the fancy food we've been trying to get him to eat. Now let's see if his rash clears.

Now if only the little man in my head would quit poking my ear w/ the ice pic all would be grand.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
They're all wonderful and the third one, the floral, is beautiful! Love the little skull in the lower right corner. Whimsy! So, got to ask, how is the third one made??? Appliqué?
That one is raw edge applique. I do two versions of that. The version you see in that block is for wall hangings. I do a much more sturdy version for things that get washed like bed quilts. Here is my bed quilt, which has been on the bed for years and washed periodically. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566524[/ATTACH] I'm thinking of this type of applique for many of the quilts, sometimes combined with piecing. Terriam, Muse&Sew, Billi and Kassaundra let me know if you're comfortable with this. If not I'll be happy to just piece a block for you.
Attached Thumbnails purple-hawaiin-bed-photo-5.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 01:34 PM

OOPs and of course for the joanelizbay fabric.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

Libster, we got tons of rain down here but we are safe. Thanks for checking! We have to boil our water because (we think) our community well lost power and couldn't pump... so the water pressure dropped which leads to bacteria and all kinds of nasty getting into the water. Yuck... part of country living. Hopefully that won't be for too long.

And... I got my package from Janice! I love everyone's fabric and can't wait to play with it.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:09 PM

I just knew I was getting my squishy today, but alas here I sit w/ a little man sticking me in the ear w/ an ice pic and no squishy to comfort me. Sigh, maybe I'll get a glass of wine and skip the nyquil tonight.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:22 PM

kass bit is a sweetie and glad you are getting over your ear ache. Rest if you stay safe

I am laying down in a dark room while hubby is outside enjoying the beautiful weather here. My eyes react to different lotions, they burn, tear and blur. I must have put sunscreen on to close to them It will take a few hours and all will be well but after several surgeries on my left eye I get a little paranoid to say the least
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM

Hi Jan

LJDugas 31 just called me from VA. wanted me to let you know she got her pkg just before she left.