April - Boom 18

Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM

My mail man came back and brought my squishy, he was a new guy guess he just missed it. So I've been petting everyones fabrics. Marietta, Marja, and Jane I didn't see any instructions have I overlooked them? I got lots of stripes to play with woo hoo see what trouble I can get into w/ those. Oh speaking of stripes, Ibex your sparkly stripes are for a fairy quilt for a girl right? I also didn't see instructions in that pkt, you were going for pastels???
Old 01-23-2017, 04:18 PM

Got my fabric today too
Hope your feeling better terriamn
mjp great blocks, especially like the last one, Beautiful bed quilt, sorry to hear of your troubles
Sorry can't remember who had the river flooding, But hope you didn't get swept away
Old 01-23-2017, 05:03 PM

So sorry to hear about your water problem. All those engineers will get it fixed asap.
See you tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
My mail man came back and brought my squishy, he was a new guy guess he just missed it. So I've been petting everyones fabrics. Marietta, Marja, and Jane I didn't see any instructions have I overlooked them? I got lots of stripes to play with woo hoo see what trouble I can get into w/ those. Oh speaking of stripes, Ibex your sparkly stripes are for a fairy quilt for a girl right? I also didn't see instructions in that pkt, you were going for pastels???
Kassaundra and everyone -- forgive me for not including anything beyond my "sweet fairy" note. I have made a bunch of fairy rings. The blocks you create for me will be used to help space the fairy rings out. You may use any color you want to. I specified "sweet" because there are some evil fairies out there, too. I don't want "evil" colors. Just fun, lighthearted, sweet colors, lol. Pastels are fine but they don't have to be pastels. And yes, this will be a quilt for a girl/young lady. I started it about 12 years ago, lol. She's grown up a bit in that time. The fabric you received is one of the ones I've used in my fairy rings. Sorry for all the glitter, Kassaundra. I picked the fabric for the long lasting colors, not the glitter. That glitter gets everywhere!!!

My F8s have arrived! Sing to me you beautiful rectangles!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Oh and I got Ibex's stripes!!
Woohoo! That glitter gets everywhere. I should have sent a lint brush with those particular F8s.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Kass, how cute your little yorkie is!
I got my F8s today.
Everybody down South, please check in and let us know if you made it through these storms okay. We got about 3 inches of rain last night and the river is already flooding here. We're expecting all the wind this afternoon. I know Georgia was hit horribly by the tornados, 19 dead by the last count I heard. Everybody, stay safe. This weather is wild!
We had lots of rain. Lots of tornado warnings but I'm fine. I didn't realize Georgia has been getting slammed that hard. I better turn on the news.

MJP -- that is awful about the flooding in CA, too. I hate broken water pipes. I love using chain saws, lol, but only if they are light enough for me to lift. BTW, I have been collecting day of the dead fabrics for a while. I can't wait to make a block with yours and see what this creative bunch comes up with.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Got my squishy in the mail! Woo hoo! Now to look at all of the fun fabrics!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:25 PM

Yea!! My fabric arrived this afternoon. So many pretty fabrics to play with!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:28 PM

Ibex no worries about the glitter, the constant white fabric I am using in my La Pass is glitteriffic too.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:29 PM

I wrote on the baggie to just use light fabric. Guess I should have enclosed a note instead.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post