April - Boom 18

Old 01-29-2017, 11:39 AM

It pains me to say it b/c you got a whole bolt but no I wouldn't use it for anyone who requested specifically WOW.
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
So would you use it as WOW? Kass??? I dont want to use it in anyones blocks if they didnt see it as 'white"....I have a whole bolt, 15 yards of it!! LOL
Old 01-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
That shows on my screen as definately white on ivory. It is pretty, but if all the other blocks were wow this one would stand out as different.
Does it matter tho, as long as it looks white against the focus fabric? We have all different shades of everything else in our quilts, so why not white?

I bet if she put it next to a white on cream it would look snow white.

Blacks will be different from each other too.... just saying!
Old 01-29-2017, 03:19 PM

No I definately see a difference in it and real WOW..it does look more ivory or beigh than it does white. I personally would prefer a whiter white if it were me . Its no problem...I can always use it for backing or other things! I just ordered 3 yards of real WOW and I hope they send me the right one this time! LOL Thanks so much Kass and Sew.. I agree it will match the other boom fabric but like was said...in a quilt that is ONLY WoW it would stand out. Glad I asked!!
Old 01-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

No I definately see a difference in it and real WOW..it does look more ivory or beigh than it does white. I personally would prefer a whiter white if it were me . Its no problem...I can always use it for backing or other things! I just ordered 3 yards of real WOW and I hope they send me the right one this time! LOL Thanks so much Kass and Sew.. I agree it will match the other boom fabric but like was said...in a quilt that is ONLY WoW it would stand out. Glad I asked!!
Would they take it back?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:20 PM

Naw..Ill use it!! It came from Calif and I dont think I want to ship it back there...Ill use it over time!!
Old 01-29-2017, 07:40 PM

Naw..Ill use it!! It came from Calif and I dont think I want to ship it back there...Ill use it over time!!
I have some similar and it works with many things. Maybe if I have a need we can negotiate a sale of some. I'll remember you have it. I believe it is similar to a neutral I used in my Bonnie Hunter quilt.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:16 PM

Boomers, I have a non-boom delima and I would like your opinions. Would these work for a boy? Bumper pads, crib sheets, and skirt.
Attached Thumbnails img_0021.jpg  
Old 01-29-2017, 08:33 PM

Molly, I think the set is adorable. However I live in the south and don't know many men who would agree for their boy. I think that will be very dependent on the parents, especially the father.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:55 PM

My niece thought she was having a girl with the first ultrasound and asked me to make these, then found out at the next ultrasound, nope, it's a boy.....now I'm stuck. I can't afford to start all over and haven't been able to find a boyish fabric to go with the purples.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:05 AM

Molly, how would it look if you removed the ruffle and replaced it with the darker blue in a box pleat for the skirt? Box pleats would look more masculine. If there's enough of the blue for the bumper pads, you might be able to pull it off. I think the crib sheets might work if you make the blue your predominate color with the skirt and bumper pads. Just my thoughts. Make a soft simple stuffed blue animal to go with it.