Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned

Default PLEASE Don't forget to leave feedback!!!!

I was just over leaving feedback for Lori and all my swap
partners this month and I have noticed that she only has
about 96 feedbacks in the last 12 months.

PLEASE everyone don't forget to leave your swap partners,
as well as the swap hosts feedback (positive of course).

Thank you!

You may now carry on with your regular Sunday
fun (or not).

Louise
Old 04-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Made the shirt hankie holder, or tried anyway. Anyone that does it, change first step to "right sides together". And good luck figuring out that "folding" method. Took me a looonng time, then i messed it up, so will try again. Think it will be ok, now that i have it figured out!
Love the elephant quilt, my dgs is into elephants, he would love it.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

OFF TOPIC: My grandson Jackson Isaac Matthew Martin (long story for the 3 names) made his arrival 2 weeks early on April 28th.... 5lbs 12 oz, 19 inches long. He is in the NICU and will be for atleast the next 5 days He has developed an infection and they had to do a spinal tap last night cause nothing has been showing up in his bloodwork. Please keep my lil man in your prayers as well as his mom and dad as they need all the uplifting they can get right now.... As you can see in the second picture he was NOT a happy camper. LOL
Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg   012.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Oh Myrna, Poor little boy. Praying for his well being!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Prayers said Miss Myrna...he is adorable, crying and everything haha. my oldest was about 6 weeks early and they catch up quick and at almost 22 you would never know he was a preemie
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
OFF TOPIC: My grandson Jackson Isaac Matthew Martin (long story for the 3 names) made his arrival 2 weeks early on April 28th.... 5lbs 12 oz, 19 inches long. He is in the NICU and will be for atleast the next 5 days...
hopefully 2 weeks is not so early that there should be any lasting health problems and at almost 6 lbs is a healthy weight. the doc could have been off on their estimate just a little bit. well it looks like he has his lung power.

my friend's baby was born at 27 weeks (day after christmas) because the mom's health was at risk. her daughter was in the nicu for 3 months just to finish developing. she was born at 2+ lbs and had just made it to 5 lbs when she was released this month. babies have such a resiliency. it's amazing how hard her daughter fought to stay here with her mom to become her "significant other". i am working to complete the quilt now so i can drive up to see them both.

i will keep young jackson in my prayers.

p.s. i'm trying so hard to get my home kid friendly as i need to get go my niece & 2 nephews from school in 1 hr. to keep until tomorrow. i have fabric, sewing machines and swap prep bags all over. since it has rained all weekend i cannot even take them to the park to burn some energy before i bring them home. i need to buy an extra large tube of super glue to help keep my sanity to survive the night with 4 yr old twins and their 10 yr old instigating brother.

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I wanted to give you all an update I have heard from Airwick156 and Charles is in need of all of our prayers. He is not well at all and the veterans hospital and Drs are dragging their feet. So please send up a prayer for his healing and for Deanna who is everything to Charles. Thanks, Lori

Thanks for the update, I will be keeping them in my prayers.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955 View Post
Just returned from vacation to a wonderful package sent by a replacement for my SP who had a Medical Emergency...Hope all is OK whomever it was. But an Angel named Onalee stepped in and sent me some wonderful fabrics for my art quilts. A stunning Antique looking back scratcher which my husband snatched immediately...got it back long enough to snap a photo. Some Antique Hankies which I'll use for my embroidered Umbrella Ladies where I use those for their 3D skirts...A vintage Dollie which I'll use in a Crazy Quilt...A large cone of Thread always need that. A new seam riper and class 66 bobbins which will fit one of my singers...WOW...
In her letter to me at the end she hoped she made me smile and that it brighten my day...To say the least...The assortment of gifts were so thoughtful and all will be put to good use.
Thank You Onalee not only are you a "Special Person" but add "Angel" in there.
You are very welcome for the package and the pleasure was all mine to send a package to you! I love the telescoping back scratcher and thought you'd like one too <giggles> even though it seems that DH has more need than you! Your comments in your note have just made my day! (((hugs)))
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 View Post
OFF TOPIC: My grandson Jackson Isaac Matthew Martin (long story for the 3 names) made his arrival 2 weeks early on April 28th.... 5lbs 12 oz, 19 inches long. He is in the NICU and will be for atleast the next 5 days He has developed an infection and they had to do a spinal tap last night cause nothing has been showing up in his bloodwork. Please keep my lil man in your prayers as well as his mom and dad as they need all the uplifting they can get right now.... As you can see in the second picture he was NOT a happy camper. LOL
Saying prayers for your grandson. He is beautiful. My son has 5 names not counting his last name.

Also prayers for Charles as well.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM

Prayer being said for your grandson