Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM

I received the most wonderful package from my SP Moedeenie aka Maureen... The package contained everything I think I had on my list plus some... I got a book entitled, "Loose Change" and two Charm packages of Moda Fig and Plum, colors I just love... a Fons and Porter " unsewer" and a package of very thin glass head pins, some fancy towels to use for company in the bathroom, just love those... 2 rolls of Mento Mints, 2 beautiful handmade ornaments one is a stocking and the other is a star, just beautiful..Hope I didn't forget anything am enclosing a picture so you can see
everything, oh almost forgot one of those newest Carry bags that Joann's sells, Gail and I were looking at them Friday... Thanks so much Maureen...

Forgot to mention the beautiful Birthday Card and such a beautiful sentiment inside...
Attached Thumbnails img_0310.jpg  
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 PM

LOVE the NEW Joanns tote also, the one with the hot pinks, birds and butterflys. I HAD to buy one of these also. In our area of WA. Joanns is remodeling and has added a large selectin of NEW products and its about time! SP PAl gals in FLORIDA your PKG. is ON ITS WAY!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
MsCupid, your description fits me to a T -- except .... I received my SP package today!

A HUGE thank you to Quilty-Louise. Mama Mia! That lady knows how to cram a box chock full of goodies!

It would take me an hour to list everything in there, but there were peeps, chocolate, design your own mug, socks, note cards, shopping list, gorgeous blue green fabrics, seaside fabric that I love, love,love, and TINY MONKEY FABRIC -- WHEEEEE! (but no actual tiny monkey ) tape measure fabric, apron fabric, stained glass cross fabric, white on white fabric, white rick rack, a wonderful book on silk quilting and sewing projects with patterns, two other patterns, a ... darn can't think of the word - it's not a piton, hair stretchies, spot mesh for embroidery, gloveless hands or handless gloves or I don't know, something wonderful in a bottle, special stabilizer, a bag full of little wonderful things and I don't even know what they are, sticky notes, a pet record book ... and the bad thing ... -- Do I have to name it? It starts with a G.
Krystyna I love your package. I'm a junkie for all those kinds of things like sticky notes, and all the promotional things that business give out. Look at all the bobbin/thread minders you have now. I have only been able to find small packages of them here. With all the sewing and thread that you use, you will probably have just enough there...lol
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM

Hi everyone, I still here. I am happy to report that I have managed to spend the last week at home with no trips to the hospital. I have had some rough days and have not been on the computer much and not able to do much of anything. I am managing the pain better now and yesterday I was able to eat all day without any pain. I'm going to try and get caught up on all the posts that I missed the last several days.

To my SP I have everything ready for your package. I'm hoping to make some homemade things tomorrow so that I can send your package out to you.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie View Post
Saturday was my lucky day! I received a fabulous package from Nikki 128. I received so many wonderful goodies, truly a package made especially for ME!!! I received several beautiful FQ's and fabrics in all of my favorite colors, two spools of thread, rotary blades, zippers, an awesome sewing kit, pins, a sewing themed emory board, a holiday stamp pad, a package of Steam a Seam Lite, a vintage pewter Heart Bookmark, The Quilting Answer Book (filled with great quilting tips and ideas!!!), 2 Quilting Magazines also filled with great projects and inspiration, a Material Possessions Colors of the Seasons Pattern as well as the cutest Triple Tulips Wool Applique pattern. Nikki also made me 4 beautiful coasters which were wrapped in a pretty ribbon. And if that wasn't enough, Nikki also sent a large Russell Stover Solid Milk Chocolate Bunny for me and treat for Scout and Peaches. Thank you so much Nikki! I truly LOVE everything!!!
Awesome package.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by wmjones View Post
Received my package today from Quilty-Louise and what a package. Oh so many things that I can use and the Potholder,mitts and dish towel goes so well with my kitchen. All the little note cards,fabric ,notions,lotion can't wait to use it. Thanks you so much Louise
Beautiful kitchen set.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
I received my secret pal [ATTACH=CONFIG]326527[/ATTACH] package from Annt59, thank you so much.
I love the sugar skull fabric and already have plans for it.
I will use everthing you sent.

Wanda
WOW Wanda great skull fabric you got.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by khartquilt View Post
I received a large package from my secret pal today. Thank you very much Teresa aka mscupid804.
I love it all.
I put the solor powered bunny in the window and watched it dance for a while. That is the cutiest thing.

Great package you got from Teresa. You'll have to let us know how that software program works out.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM

Brenda, Glad that you liked everything. The Blackberry is my best seller. Hard to keep it on hand for the craft shows. Enjoy!!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Thanks. Some of the things I have thought of but forgot completely about travel-size items. I only shop at Michael's when I have a 50% coupon. Next time my girlfriend and I head to Washington state we will have to drop in on Joann and Michael's (sounds like a married couple) and see what goodies there are to be found.

I also was not sure if shopping estate and garage sales was frowned upon but, I guess if the item is in excellent condition, it is OK.

I will now add a different element to my store browsing.

Yes, I can add handmade items as I do a lot of crafts besides quilting. It's also a good excuse to try my hand making a pot holder or tote finally. Test for me, then item for SP.

Will probably join in June unless I am truly inspired in time for May.

Thanks a lot, keep those ideas coming.
Thrift stores are also another good source. The stores here sometimes have fabric. You can also pick up things that your SP may collect there. One of the things that I like to pick up there is tea cups and turn them into pincushions or candle stick to use as a base for a dress form pincushion. Dollar stores are another good source to pick up things cheap. Garage sales are fine as well. You just have to get creative. One of the things I like to do is stock up when school supplies go on sale. Pencil boxes, bottles of glue and glue sticks, colored pencils and crayons, pencils, ect. All of these can be used for storage, applique, quilt designing. If you need ideas for crafty things to make for your SP you should check out pinterest.com, you'll get all sort of ideas there. You can click on the link to my page there in my signature line below. Hope this has been of help to you.