Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM

Somebody school me plz, why do you need a passport to go to Alaska since it's an American state?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sometimes the site is a little slugglish and buggy, but ... that's life. Nothing is perfect. Especially me!

On a happy note ... both packages are out for delivery!
Bummer, not any for meeeeee!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Somebody school me plz, why do you need a passport to go to Alaska since it's an American state?
I think it is because the cruise stops in Vancouver British Columbia?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
OFF TOPIC REPLY....... The site is wonky as my first post/reply came back in HTML code

Whoo Hoo Louise an Alaskan cruise is WONDERFUL!!!! Even for those of us that live or lived in Colorado where winters can be long.....Alaska is a cruise that WILL take your breath away!

We are certified cruise junkies with 34 under our belts and Alaska is one of our favorites, the South Pacific is my first favorite ah Tahiti.

I'm almost certain that most cruise lines require passports now as the preferred identification. The only way to know for sure is to either read your particular Cruise lines guidelines which will super cede any other information about what ID is appropriate or accepted by a particular cruise line or rely on the travel agency you are booking with....you don't want to get to the ship and find that your cruise line requires a certain type of ID that you aren't prepared to show.

Most cruises to Alaska do make a stop in BC as another person replied. Don't delay in getting the passport applied for, especially if this is your first time getting a passport..... sometimes it can take 6-12 weeks. Walgreens take the passport pictures as I'm sure other places do as well.

Forewarning Passport pictures are worse than drivers license pictures :0) When you leave the ship should you be in an US port and don't want to carry it.... lock that passport up in the safe...it is more valuable than gold and very attractive to thieves.

Send a PM if you'd like some names of friends of ours who run whale watching out of Juneau. Also will share if you want some great shore excursions at different ports. You're going to love cruising Alaska truly your heart will be singing "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!"

Last edited by onaemtnest; 04-13-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr View Post
I think it is because the cruise stops in Vancouver British Columbia?

OOOOOOOOOOOOO ty!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

I recieved a wonderful package this morning from Sandra-star-of-moon-dancer. I need to find my battery charger for my camera and will take and post pictures then.I recieved some pretty fabric,flat head pins, a large cone thread holder,a cloth label making kit,2 list tablets and many other nice items. thanks so much Sandra it's a very nice swap and I will enjoy it alot.Mary
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM

Dear Secret Pal,

Sorry i have been gone for two weeks and haven been able to give you clues!!! your package is just getting the finishing touches added to it and will be out in the mail either tonight or tomorrow (most likely tomorrow morning) sorry for the delay, been working non stop for the last two weeks!!! here is your clue so that you know that it is you!!!! you share the same joys i do as being an aunt!!!! arent nieces and nephews great!!?!?!?!?!! you like the some classic things and some new things and like me, you havent been sewing/quilting very long (2 years or less) but now it is time for work!!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Swap Hosts

One package has been delivered! Open it, open it, open it!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Well my package was delivered Wed. So I guess my pal has checked their PO box yet. I am leaving to go out of town this weekend, then going on vacation the last week of this month. So I have some busy busy stuff coming up. Told the hubby was going to have to take the laptop just so I could stay in the loop...lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:43 PM

sent my package out today....have a tracking number...can't wait for my secret pal to get it!!!! Hope she likes what I sent her...