Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon >

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz View Post
Please pray for my daughter, Jamie. She has been sick since Monday. Today I took her to Urgent Care. She has been admitted to the hospital with Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Prayers being said for Jamie. Please let us know how she is doing.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Krystyna--Don't let the "others" spoil your fun. I think half the fun is putting the package together. There have been times I did not receive a package. Then I received one from "an Angel'. Shows you there are still wonderful people out there that care about this swap. I have also been asked to be an "Angel". I was so honored to be asked to do this. As far as people not posting pictures, some may have good reason. Maybe you could post a picture of what you send if after time, they don't post one. I know we all would LOVE to see what you have sent. If they don't thank you properly, they should not be allowed to be in the next month's swap. And, I know we will not allow you to quit.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:43 AM

Krystyna--Don't let the "others" spoil your fun. I think half the fun is putting the package together. There have been times I did not receive a package. Then I received one from "an Angel'. Shows you there are still wonderful people out there that care about this swap. I have also been asked to be an "Angel". I was so honored to be asked to do this. As far as people not posting pictures, some may have good reason. Maybe you could post a picture of what you send if after time, they don't post one. I know we all would LOVE to see what you have sent. If they don't thank you properly, they should not be allowed to be in the next month's swap. And, I know we will not allow you to quit.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:51 AM

Secret Pal - mother nature is sure kicking up her heels in our area and the winds are howling - hopefully they haven't blown the mail man off course and your package should arrive today.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 AM

Same here dabbler....but I know that where my package is going it is 52 and sunny.....but I know a sand storm can happen anytime there....I have heard of people getting stuck at the airport...
Old 04-16-2012, 05:53 AM

she is a chorky...chiq/yorki In the p icture she is about 4 mo...got her in Feb and she has been a joy...I decided at this stage of my life I could put the time and energy into a dog. shes about 7# now. We really enjoy her. give her a treat and she will run all over the house trying to find a place to hide them...they turn up again in a few days. so funny
Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

As promised, I am posting a picture of the wonderful package from my SP Larissa AKA Bolin0909 although I am one day late. Anyway, here it is. It was just full of all kind of goodies. I don't care for candies, but she included 4 packages of gum and 4 packages of drinks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328195[/ATTACH]
Unfortunately, the beautiful cross stich embroidery piece arrived with a broken glass but the piece was not damaged.
There were three fat quarters, two large pieces of red and white stripped fabric, a package of quilting needles, a pink felt tip sharpie, a note pad and pen, a package of pre threaded bobbins, and the cutest little travel sewing kit that will be very handy. I just loved it and thank you so much for the time taken in putting this package together.
Attached Thumbnails secret-pal-april-quilting-2012.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 AM

My spal should get her box today
Old 04-16-2012, 06:35 AM

OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.

Last edited by mscupid804; 04-16-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Krystyna; thank you for all the wonderful posts and bits of humor on this thread - the light bantering always brings a smile - I too understand the frustration of the recipient not responding or posting photos. I joined this group last August/September - I have kept in contact with my very first partner - she sent me some fabulous fabric that I treasure because she took the time to find something just for me but the best was the gift of friendship - I can't put a value on that because for me it's priceless - the person I first sent to I had to contact as I didn't receive a pm acknowledging receipt - the second partner wasn't much better but I keep plugging along. So please rethink your decision to discontinue your participation.