Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT >

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

April Secret Pal Swap, Closes March 31st 4pm CDT

Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM

buttons grow, sorry I misspelled your quilt board name. Didn't realize it until I clicked on it to post.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I laughed when I saw this In Scotland we have an odd looking brown sweet (candy) which is called a ‘Lucky Tattie’ and is dusted with flavoured cinnamon.

‘Tatties’ are Scottish slang for potatoes. When I was a child, they had a tiny plastic toy hidden in them, but have since been banned (the toy, not the sweet, lol). People I've met from other parts of Scotland tell me that their tatties sometimes had a sixpence (coin) hidden in them so were particularly prized. Probably called ‘Lucky’, because you were probably lucky you didn't choke to death or break a tooth, lol!

They're not widely commercially made nowadays, so when I find them I buy them for the SP swap. One will be arriving Stateside soon
I was lucky to receive some as one of her sp's one time and I enjoyed them.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:19 PM

Just an FYI to my sender I will be going to GA tomorrow and wont be back till late Monday. So if you package arrives in any of that time there will be a delay in my letting you know.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
OH, OH, OH! I got my package!! Thank you SO MUCH, Bullock2us! I love every single item! My surprises included Riley Blake "Sugar and Spice" fabric (woo hoo!). It even has the name on the selvage, which you know is a bonus, since I collect those little treasures....and so you gave me a whole bag full! You are so sweet! Cutest fabric names - Red Letter Day, Honey Bee Mine, Lazy Day, etc.

My other fabrics are a gorgeous green, a blue & green and a deep purple. Just lovely! The pin cushion is darling, and I love how you sewed the selvage on the back. "Pin Scatter" is the fabric name! L.O.V.E. I got patchwork pins to go with it - you even searched to find the best kind. You knew I was doing an I Spy quilt, so charms were included - and my son (7yo) almost fell off his chair when he saw those ninjas! Daisy princesses, dragonflies, potatoes (Idaho, I'm sure!)...wonderful charms. A sweet Easter tissue holder, extra special candy from Idaho, and a book: Memory Quilts in the Making! You didn't know this, but I have been trying to decide what to do with my late mother's handkerchiefs. There are two patterns in there that use vintage hankies!

I feel so very blessed! Thank you for making my day!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471913[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471914[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471915[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471916[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471917[/ATTACH]
I am putting the binding on mine that is like the flutterbys pattern. Taking it to GA with me to finish the binding. I took a pic, but not good. Will try to get a better one down there and post for you ladies. I just love it.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM

I like the little square fabric boxes I have seen a few receive lately... can anyone tell me the pattern or where to find this treasure??? I RECEIVDED my SP PKG. today also... Will send another note tomorrow about the COOL STUFDF from Lauriejo. in OHIO.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
I like the little square fabric boxes I have seen a few receive lately... can anyone tell me the pattern or where to find this treasure??? I RECEIVDED my SP PKG. today also... Will send another note tomorrow about the COOL STUFDF from Lauriejo. in OHIO.
Check this link out for the square fabric boxes: http://seaside-stitches.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html
I hope this helps.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Ooh - lucky you, Quiltnut4ever! I would love to meet her (or anyone for that matter, lol). Can't wait to see the pics.

Kaffe Fassett is coming to my town in June or July. I was a huge fan of his in the 80s in my knitting days (hence board name, lol) and love his bright, colourful fabrics.

There are some wonderful packages this month.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 AM

Afternoon Y'all!!

I just received my wonderful package from
Let'sQuilt aka Pat. As you can see, She sent me a wonderful selection from all across the board on my information sheet. <3 Trust me -- there is lots of info. on it to play with ... .

There was a set of notecards,Thread Heaven {yeah-I was out }, A newSuper Scrap Quilts book, A super size & regular size of my Most Favorite Chocolate Bars!!, a flower yo-yo maker, 2 pouches of treats for the "Girls", a cute stuffed turtle, an Oh-So-Pretty variety of Repo. FQ's, some sewing machine needles, a pack of my fav. needles for hand work and a cute little slide-top tin and along with a pretty Kate Spain note card with a hand written note.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472158[/ATTACH]

The "girls" was all over me as I tryed to open the box. They must have smelt the treats that was included. Ms. Honey even tryed to make off with my new Turtle. That cat thinks anything she can get in her month is hers...lol. And her sister Nosy Rosy was trying to trip me up at my feet. Silly Furbabies!!

Pat... I really loved the package that you sent. Thank You Very Much. I plan to enjoy in many forms.

In Kind Regards,
Tricia
Attached Thumbnails april-vista-flood-2014-156.jpg  

Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 04-18-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM

Just checked and it shows my package has been delivered.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:14 PM

Quiltnut4ever....how awesome that you got to meet Jenny!!! She is always so genuinely sweet, bubbly and funny and that's why her videos are such a grand success. I would LOVE to meet her in the future. Looking forward to seeing your pics!!