Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Tussy, am I to take it that you don't like lemon curd? GASP!!! I recently tried it for the first time and I am making up things to put it on. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: Last nite a lemon pound cake with lemon curd spread on it and freshly picked yesterday blueberries. Yummy....[/quote]

I love it - and orange curd and lime curd........ but all that sugar. It is not good that all these lovely things are tempting me - lemon meringue pie made with lemon curd..... oh my - drooling now. What is a poor diabetic to do???[/quote]

We will make our lemon curd with splenda :thumbup: one of my clients is bringing me her receipe for homemade lemon curd, when I get it we'll make some ;) ;)[/quote]

Sounds wonderful. Homemade lemon curd it one of the easiest things to do in the world. Can send you a recipe if you want.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 AM

I am still waiting for my April package. Today will be the first day in about a week that I will be able to go outside to sit on the bench. Have checked my mailbox daily tho.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
My son in law eats marmite every day. I haven't tried it yet..but to me it looks like beef base. I will try it sometime.
You've not lived until you have eaten Marmite. I have given it a capital as it is a brand name. I've not got any in the house at the moment :cry: but it is a beefy and quite salty spread. Fabulous on toast. We had a advert campaign on TV recently based on the fact that you either love it or hate it - it was quite funny.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:34 AM

Everytime I see the word Marmite my mind conjures up this . . .

Marmot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192322[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192316.jpe  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Janetlmt
My son in law eats marmite every day. I haven't tried it yet..but to me it looks like beef base. I will try it sometime.
You've not lived until you have eaten Marmite. I have given it a capital as it is a brand name. I've not got any in the house at the moment :cry: but it is a beefy and quite salty spread. Fabulous on toast. We had a advert campaign on TV recently based on the fact that you either love it or hate it - it was quite funny.
Tussy, I'm very glad you told me/all of us that it is beef based, as I am vegetarian, I know of Marmite from a client in my salon (she is from England), she brought me a jar of it and said exactly that either you love it or hate it. On the jar it says it's yeast, I wondered about that but Ginny said that it's a vegetable spread. She also said that a little goes a long way, so use it sparingly. We can buy it here in Florida at our supermarkets. I would love your receipe for homemade lemon curd. Thank you for your very generous offer. I would love to TRY to make it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by sherylb
I didn't get a package in April :(
Oh you should have it today!! I will check the tracking!! :oops:
Old 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley
OMG!!! That looks like a pkg I would like to receive. I am crazy for flip flops!!! Those bags are adorable. Whoever Robin is did a great job!! Love it!!
Yep! I am a Lucky, Lucky Girl!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 AM

still waiting on the mail to run today to see if I get one for April......
ah well nothing today either. Time to get off the bench though...too much to do! See ya'll in a few months for a swap maybe. I will be way too busy this summer to even think about it.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:58 AM

I still haven't received my package for April so am still on the bench with all the wonderful goodies everyone is bringing.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Here are a few pics...
Originally Posted by wenot
My swap finally went out today to my partner in Canada, i am sorry to be so terribly late; I was hospitalized in my 35th week of pregnancy due to help syndrom, had the baby a month early and she just got home from the hospital a few days ago, life has been crazy around here, as we did not quite finish the nursery, and had to find babysitters all the time for our boy to visit our babygirl in the hospital.
But everything is fine now!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192464.jpe   attachment-192465.jpe   attachment-192466.jpe