Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! >

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:38 PM

That sure is a cute little birdie MR . . . and real nice goodies to go with it! Great job rwquilts

Now I have to brag about my partner - Jacie. Her special package arrived today. Such a "sweet" mug rug, and a dishtowel that compliments the mug rug (coffee and cupcakes - doesn't get any better than that!!). There was also some nice tea bags as well as an adorable hanging quilted photo holder - but I think it would be equally cute used as a table runner on our dinette table! I just love everything Thanks Jacie!!

Well my goodness, I'm having a challenge in loading my pic tonight .. . . let me try it again in the next post.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:44 PM

I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow. Maybe everything will heal itself overnight I think it's my computer since all the little lights aren't flickering like they usually do. Ugh!!!

Jacie really did a wonderful job on my mug rug - it's a cute cupcake MR (they look good enough to indulge, but without the calories - ha, ha, ha!). Maybe I can upload the picture tomorrow for all to enjoy
Old 04-19-2015, 05:07 AM

suern -- what a marvelous mug rug! I can't get over how darn cute that birdie is! rwquilts is talented all right! Love the needle case she made, too.

KLTQuilts -- can't wait to see what you got. I've suddenly developed problems downloading photos from my I-phone. I got a message yesterday that I need to upgrade something in order to download, but when I go to the app store, I get a message that the app isn't available in the U.s.! And that doesn't make sense, since my computer is a Mac! Ugh! And I'm not smart enough to figure it out!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 AM

oh drag ctyankee! hope you get that problem solved soon!!

I am so sorry I was gone for a bit. I have trouble just getting the darned computer I wear out easily so its like on again and off again around here. darn it. Love that bird. what an adorable idea. its so cute its not funny. told you this is a marvel of creativity. And the vintage style needle holder. its stunning. bet that is a vintage hanky on the front. looks like the style of some vintage things I collect. too cute for words. birds, bird houses, lace embroidery, its all a wow factor. love what you guys come up with it stuns my mind at times KEEP IT UP! (ok I am addicted I admit it).

I hope your all feeding your soul as ctyankee puts it. think outside the box, creativity is free. you all have it in you or you wouldn't be quilters. High five to each and every one who plays. I will post the new swap one week before the month ends .. remember it is a do what you love next month so you wont have to wait for the swap to start to get started for those who love being done asap. I think your partner will love it no matter what you come up with
Old 04-19-2015, 08:08 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517382[/ATTACH]

Ta dah!!! I guess a good night's rest is all this pc needed.

See - Jacie did a beautiful job Such a "sweet" MR, dish towel, and even a quilted wall photo album . . . plus some yummy tea to settle my pc frustrations!!!

Thank you Jacie for such a "Sweet Exchange" and being a great partner!
Attached Thumbnails april-mr-jacie-qb.jpeg  
Old 04-19-2015, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Brat, does that mean the theme is what we want to do, or you're giving us a subject and we do what we want. I know, I always have to make things more difficult than it really is. Just asking, coz my machine is on the fritz, and i don't know if it's settled in and fixed itself yet. You know, when the tension goes out and you leave it alone for a week and it fixes itself type of thingy. I'm hoping it's feeling better today. if it's still out, might need a drs. appt, so won't be sewing.

so, is it our chioce what we do????
Old 04-19-2015, 01:30 PM

No, there is a theme for May, but you don't have to ask your partner what she wants this time.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

So it's too early to start, as we don't yet know the theme. As soon as sign ups are posted we can dig in!
Old 04-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

good, so as soon as we get out theme, we can start.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Suern, love that little bird. so darn stinkin cute. never saw one like that.
love the hankie needle book too. that bird is outrageous. can you show us the inside?
lynnie, I will post a picture of the inside when I have a chance. I thought at the time I was taking pictures that people would want to see the inside, too.