Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2016 Postcard Swap >

August 2016 Postcard Swap

August 2016 Postcard Swap

Old 08-12-2016, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
Judith I am really sorry and. Won't finish till Monday. I am really really sorry.
Really, YOU are not late. I won't be ready to mail until Monday as well. So, no worries on my end.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:27 PM

Looks like I'm with both of you. I haven't mailed mine either
Old 08-12-2016, 04:14 PM

Nice job Millie, I like your vintage motorhome. I love how you used corduroy to give it texture.

Maxie, Love your Kitty. I am thinking you were inspired by watercolors, mosaic and a little crazy quilting.

Thanks for the check in Cuppy. I will mark my list.

Nhnative, Thank you for checking in as well.

We a quite a bit quiet this month. I'm a little stumped by the theme as well. But, I know I'll work through it as soon as I just get started.

I have been busy getting together a few outfits for my grandson. He is starting pre-school in a few days. And, my daughter is about 7 weeks away from her due date. I can't wait to meet my new granddaughter. I'm also working on 2 quilts. A hand embroidery quilt and my new granddaughters baby quilt. I need to get moving on that also. I'm a bit of a procrastinator at times. But, I am running short of time on a few things and I really need to get busy again!

I hope you all are doing well as well.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Mine is still in progress...I am still in NYC Brooklyn ... DD had surgery & then a couple small setbacks. All is well with her now. My card is coming along slowly; thought I would have more alone or quiet time to work on it. NY is sweltering - like much of the nation I gather. It's like a sauna day AND night. I miss my cool SF bay breezes.

Dotty was the most generous gracious host and showed me quite a few new-to-me ideas and techniques. I went to City Quilter yesterday and bought templates and 2 lovely panels, appreciating their AC before I stepped back outside into the steamy heat.

I am here for 3.5 more days...foresee mailing when I get back though I brought all the "fixins" with me (thank you Maxie!)

The day after tomorrow I shall trail my threads out to Sayville Long Island for my cousin's wedding...and work on it on the train.

That last camper card was very cute, and the kitty card adorable.

Did I mention I was hot? C'mon cool breeze!!!
Old 08-13-2016, 07:59 AM

Ok Judith, mine is mailed to LindaC. Yeah!
Old 08-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

My partners postcard is in the mail- must be taking the ( slow boat) my receipt says it will arrive Saturday...sent a package to California too- it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday.
I hope I didn't mix up addresses, I had 3 to go today & for some reason am now second guessing-- so, I really hope when your package arrives it is in fact your postcard....not enough sleep- brain dull-.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
My partners postcard is in the mail- must be taking the ( slow boat) my receipt says it will arrive Saturday...sent a package to California too- it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday.
I hope I didn't mix up addresses, I had 3 to go today & for some reason am now second guessing-- so, I really hope when your package arrives it is in fact your postcard....not enough sleep- brain dull-.
Well, at least you let your partner know there could be a mix up. And, maybe you can still get the right packages to the right people. Or, maybe, you did everything just right. Only time will tell. I will make sure my list is marked as sent.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 AM

I mailed to Dotty last Friday, maybe she will receive soon.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

The other two packages I sent did get to the correct recipients so I know a post card will be in armylady's package when it arrives at her house. yea!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

I received the most beautiful post card today
Pat you did not know how much I LOVE crazy quilts.
As a kid I had one and I spent hours looking at it mostly when I was in trouble...
What did you back it with?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]556200[/ATTACH]
I have one nearly done. I've been really busy trying to keep a lot of balls in the air.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg