Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
AUGUST - Scrappy Block Swap – SCRAPPY TRIPS >

AUGUST - Scrappy Block Swap – SCRAPPY TRIPS

AUGUST - Scrappy Block Swap – SCRAPPY TRIPS

Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM

Well see if I can join in the next couple of swaps. I NEED to get some grandma quilts finished. They're guilting me just sitting as tops....
Old 09-30-2014, 05:28 PM

SheriR , I am wondering, don't you think this design will work for your florals that you want to use?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
SheriR , I am wondering, don't you think this design will work for your florals that you want to use?
It probably would be super cute. I like the idea of solid white or a WoW. And I find it easier for me when we do 4 blocks per set. But that's me. With that said... When would the due date be? I really REALLY must finish the Grandma quilts before Christmas. They weigh heavy on my conscience. I honestly only finished my scrappy blocks because my awesome sister helped.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:19 PM

SheriR that's up to our hostess, I was just giving an example of quilt sizes. Usually on the larger blocks, I think, they have been sets of 4. Sorry I didn't mean to imply they would be 6, that's why I said I could always make more. I do hope you will join and make some with the rest of us.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:31 PM

Aww jaba, I've never made a Jacobs Ladder before and have zero idea what size they are. You're right our great hostess is the boss, and of course I'd do as she requests. And now that you've jogged my brain we did do six per set of the D4P, didn't we. Thank you for encouraging me too, by the way.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Just realized I mis-read Jaba's post. Black & white or red & white would look great. Possibly black & white with ONE red strip per block??? What do you think?

Jane
Hi, everyone. I didn't do this swap but have been keeping track and did make some sample blocks. My blocks are made with varied colors, but the center diagonal is in red, for a sorta controlled look. I think I would do a BWR or red with almost any color, it being my favorite.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
OK! Floral Jacob's Ladder sounds very good! And then is there any particular requirement for the other fabric? Are we going to use a certain solid, or tone-on-tones or a certain color range? Or is that up to each person?

Either size would work for me.
For the Jacobs Ladder, let's use a neutral, off-white/light beige for the background. More details when we get to that point because that will be November. Right now, I'm working on getting our October swap ready.

Everyone is wonderful with your collective input. Thank you!!

Jane
Old 10-01-2014, 06:23 AM

RE: the November Jacobs Ladder, what does everyone think if the background was makers choice of whites or off-whites? It would depend on the floral print, right? So it would be a mixture. Thoughts?? BTW - the November blocks would not be due til January.

Jane
Old 10-01-2014, 06:56 AM

Reverse color placement, Jacob's Ladder, floral scrappy prints, November swap, due in January, [undetermined size]... neutral, off-white/light beige... or choice of whites or off-whites----
That seems to be comments so far for this one?
For size, is there a tutorial we are working from for the size so that everyone cuts the pieces the same size?
I think the example Jane pictured was cute with pale yellow as the 'background' color. Florals always look nice paired with green too-- echoing nature, because leaves are green. Pink would make it really feminine. Blue would seem like sky. White is classic. Cream/light beige is softer maybe more antique feeling.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:58 AM

And 4 - 6 blocks per set!