Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 AM

I love getting old magazines and/or patterns and books...If I have it already I pass it on next month. Really do love the wall hanging, Havplenty, and Krystyna you are such fun...I do love this crazy swap. Lori, you are the best though I don't know how you stand all of us! I am dying to get my SP for August and I do have a stash started...how many swappers do we have now? It is like waiting for Christmas!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:58 AM

Sorry Melinda, went to the LQS this morning today was the last day of the buy 4yrds get 5th free, 25% off of Christmas and 30% off when you emptied the bolt so you know just had to go 1 more time. LOL! Got some good buys had alot of Moda, RK and Hoffman that was marked down to 5 & 6 dollars a yrd.
Anyway ... to answer your question mine is model #V3020, and it has the dry-moist settings you can choose like Krystynas.

Havplenty, I absolutely love that wall hanging! So, so cute!

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 07-31-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 PM

That wall hanging is just way to cute...
Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Swap Hosts

About old magazines and books - I sure hope I get someone who likes them. I have a mountain of them.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM

i'M READY.LET THE NAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!! I'm sure there are some others waiting too.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM

Okay, let me just say. I love magazines, books, jams, handmade items. Im not hard to please contrary to what DH has to say.LOL Looks like some are writing their Xmas list early. Thought about it too but there is a limit to how much one can put in a post.LOL Oh well I love just about everything. The one thing I can say is I would love for my partners to send me some or just one of their very favorite things they use for quilting. I am fairly new to quilting and as most dont have somethings and havent even heard of some of the items on here. So, anything new to try is great. Just in case anyone needs examples, lets see I still havent tried a Frixion pen, bounce pads, and most of the little items that make things so much easier. Hey up until a year ago I didnt even know that rotary cutters and self healing mats existed. Thats no joke. Before then I did it all the old fashioned way, drew out my design, made templates out of cardboard then traced that to fabric then cut each piece out with scissors. Imagine my suprise when a neighbor told me about the advances in quilting. Once I got my first mat and cutter I was hooked. LOL May I should have gotten out more.LOL
Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM

~Anastasia-Havplenty L*O*V*E*S shoes....Krystyna used too...
~
Hav-that wall hanging is too cute...did you make it or receive it?
~
Michelle, Michelle, Michelle (mdall)-you poor thing...WHERE in WV are you???? hahah...(went to college in "almost heaven" so I know that there are some areas that are definitely in the sticks) hahahah
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM

Last day of July. Lori what's the medal count- oops-package waiting count? Are we good to go soon?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Okay, let me just say. I love magazines, books, jams, handmade items. ....bounce pads....
i love it all too. whatever my partners send me is fine with me because i am sure there are things out there that i don't have, don't know about and have never used. plus i don't bake, can or even cook much for that matter so those items are most welcomed.

but i am most perplexed about the bounce pads you mentioned. how are they used in quilting/sewing? as for rotary cutters and mats, i was using those over 15+ years ago when i made children's clothing. yep you certainly needed to get out more. it's a good thing your neighbor was there for you and made life easier.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
...~Hav-that wall hanging is too cute...did you make it or receive it?...
oh no it's not mine. i saw the wall hanging on a post on the board. i thought it was darling. someone else made one but i lost where i saw that post to get to this one. i can usually reverse engineer most patterns but this one i would need to think about and sketch it out in order to duplicate it.