Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 08-27-2010, 03:21 PM

I'd like to know if my s/p got her package, well I just found out!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:28 PM

thanks , so glad to hear you received gift, I haven't chosen a "board name" yet. enjoy!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM

I am so glad you received your secret pal swap gift. I enjoy shopping for you. This was my first one to join, so didn't know for sure what yo send. Came all the way from Arkansas.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by cindle
I got my Secret Pal swap quilting package today and would like to say thank you so much Anne I loved everything. The block you made me is gorgeous I've probably looked at it a hundred times already lol I love it. I do have to apologize the quality of the pictures aren't that good because I used my cell phone, I took pictures at the hotel my inlaws are staying at. I had to show my mother inlaw all the great stuff I got. I told her about the swap and she was excited to see everything too. Thank you so much again Anne *hugs* wanted to pm you to say thanks too but you didn't say what your screen name was :)

Cindy

Hi Cindy, I'm so glad you received your "squishy". The strip scraps that were in the package with the crumble block are for you so that you might want to attempt a companion crumble for the one I made you. I'm also happy you like what I sent. My board name is Honchey. My grandmother gave me the nickname and It stuck to me like glue. I very rarely answer to my given name. Happy Quilting :P :P :P . Annr
Old 08-28-2010, 04:51 AM

I got ditched for July & have not received anything for August. No, I don't want a substitute. Everyone here is 99% generous. Just don't sign up if you aren't going to come through. Of course, emergencies occur, etc. A simple IOU would be fine in that case! Looking forward to September!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

I agree with dotty if you can't make the swap let us know. It's a fun deal when it works. lots of people are still just now recieving swaps. So I am trying to be patient,I also have not recieved mine. maybe today? I enjoyed sending out my swap and my secret pal was kind enough to post a message that she recieved it. hope we all get out swaps soon Mary
Old 08-28-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I agree with dotty if you can't make the swap let us know. It's a fun deal when it works. lots of people are still just now recieving swaps. So I am trying to be patient,I also have not recieved mine. maybe today? I enjoyed sending out my swap and my secret pal was kind enough to post a message that she recieved it. hope we all get out swaps soon Mary
I paid extra so you would get it yesterday!!! I'm bummed. I hope it comes today.

I still haven't received mine either. I'm sure most of us are procrastinators and didn't mail them out til the deadline. I'm not going to worry about it until October :-D :-D
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Sooz was kind enough to let me know she had sent my swap out already.thanks sooz.Hope we all recieve ours.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 AM

I think it is simply not fair if we sign up and don't send. As Soon as I sign up I start looking for things to include in my package. I try to get it out early. It is just polite to let the sender know you have received your package too. Send an E mail if for some reason you can't send on time. Even an e mail won't spoil the surprise in the package!! I sure hope everyone gets their goodies, This is so much fun!!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:06 AM

It is true that keeping in touch with your partner is essential when doing a swap. And agreeing on a time (if possible). Sometimes life just throws curves and things get thrown off schedule. Just be curtious and let the other know what is happening.

Sharon