Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-12-2011, 04:20 PM

Posting picture of my SP from CatRancher.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by chereth
yeah! Just got a wonderful HUGE box from Irelanddragonquilting. Thank you sooooo much Wendy.

I just have a few min between customers, so will have to post the pic later.

Three very nice kid print yardage pieces for my quilts for kids projects, 4 fat quarters of awesome kid prints, an adorable jelly jar pin cushion. A can cozy, a tea bag squeezer, two key chain mini backpacks, some quilting postcards and a wonderful tile wall hanging that says "Smile when sadness intrudes". Well, I am smiling now, but it is not from sadness, that is for sure. Wendy, thanks for the time you took to get to know me and what Is meaningful to me. You are so thoughtful.
OH GOOD! I am so happy you liked it!! You are welcome! (doing the happy dance myself!)
Old 08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

I received my secret pal package today from Great Aunt Jacqui. I loved everything that she sent me and I was definately surprised. My camera isnt cooperating again so I will at least list everything that she sent me..Oh...but first I want to say she wrote a 4 page letter to me to boot and then rolled it up inside a strip of purple fabric. I thought that was the coolest surprise...oh and at the top of the letter it says SURPRISE!!! Now that made me smile and the letter made me tear up a bit as she sent me her Aunts white duck salt and pepper shaker set. And she told me a little bit about herself which was so wonderful. Thank you Aunt Jaqui so very much. Here is a list of what all she sent...she sent me 2 patterns. One is for a Colorado Wedding Quilt which looks alot like a double wedding ring but the corners are a bit different. The second pattern is Stars in the pine by Sue Harlan. That is also a really nice looking quilt. There was a package of harbor freight blades....oh how I love getting those. :) A lint roller, a little photo album, a package of old fashion black licorice candy (taking all my strength not to open that package right now LOL) She sent me 2 sets of little tiny crochet bells with little bells inside to wear as a pin or an ornament, might do both :) A reiendeer panel for a door hanger I will definately make, 2 bags of little doggie treats that I swear my dogs knew were in that package because they came a running their tails wagging and their noses sniffing. There was a couple peices of fabric, and a yankee candle that has the scent of Sun and Sand, can't wait to light that candle. And as I told Aunt Jacqui in a PM, my grandma used to give me little votive candles every once in a while and she would tell me that when I light the candle that it would connect her heart and mine when she was alive or in spirit. And now, I will remember Jacqui when I light it. :) I hope I didn't forget anything, if I did I am sorry. But I don't think I forgot anything. Thank you again so much Aunt Jacqui. God Bless you.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Originally Posted by jillnjo
Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Did you send it priority mail or parcel post ? Wow that's alot of money. No wonder the post office is not doing well these days.
Originally Posted by jillnjo
Yep, for me it was 11 dollars the cheapest way!! I swallowed hard and bit the bullet and sent it. The lady said it costs a lot more to send the distance my package had to go. I admit, it makes me a bit iffy about doing it every month, but it was FUN!!
Priority mail and the 70 cents for delivery comfirmation. I'd love to know if there is a better(cheaper)way! I used the box that Lori said to use in an earlier post. My postal lady said I used the cheapest way....
Did you happen to see the package I sent to mimom? All that stuff fit into a flat rate bubble envelope and only cost me $4.75. There are also regional A & B flat rate boxes available. I can send a box from Florida to Ct. for $7.78. This box holds a lot. The flat rate bubble envelopes and regional A & B boxes can only be gotten online at USPS. Both of these will save you money. I have 2 cheer skirts in a bubble envelope ready to mail out. The skirts are a size 12 ,reduced to size 10, without cutting any of the heavy knit fabric away. There is enough room for a cloth purse and a note. That is a lot to go into a bubble wrap envelope. I print my postage at home and save money every time.
the flat rate regional A boxes are great...i am sending my sp her package tommorrow in one and the postage will be $5.35 plus .80 for delivery confirmation....the box measures 10" X 7" X 4.75".......pleanty of room for the swaps.........and yes, you can only order them online..............
Old 08-12-2011, 05:21 PM

the regional A boxes can usually be shipped for little more than the cost of flat rate envelope shipping and you can really stuff a lot of stuff in one. i have also found that the legal sized flat rate envelopes can hold a lot for the $4.95 price. yes these items need to be ordered online at usps for free but it is worth it to save on shipping costs.

Originally Posted by grumpy
the flat rate regional A boxes are great...i am sending my sp her package tommorrow in one and the postage will be $5.35 plus .80 for delivery confirmation....the box measures 10" X 7" X 4.75".......pleanty of room for the swaps.........and yes, you can only order them online..............
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Mailed by package today. It is traveling south to north...My SP doesn't post much here but if you are lurking in the shadows reading please be aware that the note I wrote to you is taped to the outside of your box...someone got in too big a hurry to tape up your package. Got all the tape on, lifted the box up and there it was...an envelope that should have been in the box.

Delivery should be Wednesday.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM

Reveived a great package from LUV2SEW2011!! Even the paper that was wrapped around the box she sent was nice. It was brown with pink and brown circles around it. Nice!! What I reveived was a bag of Jolly Ranchers-that were opened by some one else in my house. Hmmm!!! 6 fat quarters in the colors of blue and lavendar that all go together. Just need to decide what to use them for. Fun!!! Also a manicure set--who can't use that? Smart idea! And the adorable flower pot pin holder. Too cute!!!

Thank yo so much. I love everything. It was great to receive such a nice package.

From Lv2sew2011--THANKS!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240791[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-240785.jpe  
Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM

My package is on it's way to a state that starts with"M" and has a body of water named after it. It should arrive by Monday.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley
Reveived a great package from LUV2SEW2011!! Even the paper that was wrapped around the box she sent was nice. It was brown with pink and brown circles around it. Nice!! What I reveived was a bag of Jolly Ranchers-that were opened by some one else in my house. Hmmm!!! 6 fat quarters in the colors of blue and lavendar that all go together. Just need to decide what to use them for. Fun!!! Also a manicure set--who can't use that? Smart idea! And the adorable flower pot pin holder. Too cute!!!

Thank yo so much. I love everything. It was great to receive such a nice package.
Your Welcome gald you liked it, I was worried about the flower coming apart but I guess it made it ok...LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

I received my August box today!