Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cheri_J
    I recieved my package from my SP-Little One. She did a fantastic job. The picture does not do justice. There is a cute butterfly bookmark, 5 gorgeous batik fat quarters, Austrailian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (extremely interesting), badly needed Golf Balls, an Angel craft kit, beautiful embroidery thread, a nifty tissue pack (that went immediately into my purse), a cute note pad, a glue stick, amazing vintage buttons, the most adorable salt and pepper shakers, and the best candy in the world - peanut butter M&Ms. Oh...and a wonderful card. Thank you so very much!!!!!!
    So happy you liked everything. Had fun putting it together. Those S&P shakers are quite old and I was hoping they didn't get broken in the mail, they were part of my chicken collection. I am now a peanut butter M&M addict; they are so good. Dar

Now to patiently wait for my SP package. I love seeing what everyone else includes in their packages as it gives me ideas for future SP squishies. I have started to collect for Secret Santa has anyone else??
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Is that the new swap for December they are doing? If it is, I am thinking about doing it as well..

Now to patiently wait for my SP package. I love seeing what everyone else includes in their packages as it gives me ideas for future SP squishies. I have started to collect for Secret Santa has anyone else??[/quote]
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM

[quote=Diana Lynne]Is that the new swap for December they are doing? If it is, I am thinking about doing it as well..

Terry (AKA - tlrnhi) is the cordinator for the SS, believe she will be sending out notice sometime in Oct for signup. Keep a watch out for the notice. It is so much fun.
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by littleone
    I recieved my package from my SP-Little One. She did a fantastic job. The picture does not do justice. There is a cute butterfly bookmark, 5 gorgeous batik fat quarters, Austrailian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (extremely interesting), badly needed Golf Balls, an Angel craft kit, beautiful embroidery thread, a nifty tissue pack (that went immediately into my purse), a cute note pad, a glue stick, amazing vintage buttons, the most adorable salt and pepper shakers, and the best candy in the world - peanut butter M&Ms. Oh...and a wonderful card. Thank you so very much!!!!!!
    So happy you liked everything. Had fun putting it together. Those S&P shakers are quite old and I was hoping they didn't get broken in the mail, they were part of my chicken collection. I am now a peanut butter M&M addict; they are so good. Dar

Now to patiently wait for my SP package. I love seeing what everyone else includes in their packages as it gives me ideas for future SP squishies. I have started to collect for Secret Santa has anyone else??
    I did Secret Santa last year and it was sooooooo much fun. Is it time to sign up yet???
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM

[quote=littleone]
    Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Is that the new swap for December they are doing? If it is, I am thinking about doing it as well..

Terry (AKA - tlrnhi) is the cordinator for the SS, believe she will be sending out notice sometime in Oct for signup. Keep a watch out for the notice. It is so much fun.
    Thank you so much..I just hope I do not forget..I love these swaps, they are so much fun...
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM

So glad you liked it Diana! I looked everywhere for sour skittles and the fuzzy ones was all I could find! If I would have seen your post about Whiskey, I would have thrown in some Canadian Whiskey as well!!! LOL! Maybe next time!
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
    So glad you liked it Diana! I looked everywhere for sour skittles and the fuzzy ones was all I could find! If I would have seen your post about Whiskey, I would have thrown in some Canadian Whiskey as well!!! LOL! Maybe next time!
    whoo hooo :thumbup: I would love to try some of that whiskey...Maybe we can start a new trend..Sending sample bottles of our local spirits :lol: ..The fuzzy skittles are perfect..so perfect in fact that I had to hide them..My 13 year old came in , grabbed the bag and I had to stop him in his tracks, so I hid them :lol:
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 PM

I think you would need a liquor license to ship over state lines, let's not get carried away now!
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by littleone
    I have never done the Secret Santa! But I am sure I will love it as I love these swaps. I definitely will be signing up as I am a collector of Snowmem and Santas!!!

I did Secret Santa last year and it was sooooooo much fun. Is it time to sign up yet???
    :thumbup:
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Whoops ... I posted right in the middle of the quoted reply ... here is my actually reply

I have never done the Secret Santa! But I am sure I will love it as I love these swaps. I definitely will be signing up as I am a collector of Snowmem and Santas!!!