Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Originally Posted by candi
Hiya all. I missed the July swap since I was away for most of the month, but here I am armed with more goodies and waiting patiently the name of my pal.

Lori, thanks for keeping the away going, it is your fourth month, isn't it?
woohoo, welcome back Candi, sure did miss you!!
I almost sat out this month cause we are not sure where we will be yet but I just could not resist.

:)
Thanks, Myrna. Hey, we are not sure where we'll be either, maybe we'll end up in the same place :P
These days that could be a very good possibility....I will keep you posted..... :)
Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
welcome Tanglejaw.Hope you enjoy the swap. We do have lots of fun.There's a few onry ones on here,so watch out. Lori keeps her in line though. (Huh Tussymussy?)Just teasing.Check out some of the past months for good examples of things sent.Most all of us love homemade simple items.If you would like to recieve it ,it should be good enough to send. Mary
lol, ok... I am still trying to figure out what to buy under $10 though.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 AM

is it tomorrow yet?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by TangleJaw
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
welcome Tanglejaw.Hope you enjoy the swap. We do have lots of fun.There's a few onry ones on here,so watch out. Lori keeps her in line though. (Huh Tussymussy?)Just teasing.Check out some of the past months for good examples of things sent.Most all of us love homemade simple items.If you would like to recieve it ,it should be good enough to send. Mary
lol, ok... I am still trying to figure out what to buy under $10 though.

Why not look at some of the swaps that happened in July. Lots of us post pictures of what we received.

You are allowed to spend $10. You can stretch that by using vouchers at Joanns and other places. Stuff you already have does not count; perhaps you could add quilting magazines you have already read and are not bothered about keeping. Some people send novels too. You can also send notions that you already have. Surprisingly, most of us love fabric and/or thread.

Then you can make things. I had a fantastic pincushion in the shape of a leg. It's nice & heavy so does not fall of the table. You can see that in the June swap pics. Mary (lawsonmugs) makes fantastic pincushions in the shape of chairs. Others make tissue covers, mugrugs, table toppers - the list is almost endless. Most of us love the hand mades we recieve - cos we know how much thought and work goes into them, especially if they are made in the colours we like.

You can also collect free things, like recipe cards/sheets given out by supermarkets, free leaflets. Perhaps where you live is famous for something or makes something different - I once got chicken poo lip gloss (did not contain chicken poo!) - and you can send something about that or a postcard, or a local cookbook.

You also may have had a gift from someone for a birthday etc, which you don't like for some reason. Dollar stores are very useful for picking up bits and pieces too. You can also find things in thrift shops too. I check my local one frequently and it is amazing the good quality stuff you can find in these.

Hope that helps a little. If you like doing these swaps and do them often, it is helpful to have a stack of things ready to add. For example, whenever I see some attractive sticky notes, I buy them and put them in my swap box ready for the next appropriate swap.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:33 PM

All of those are wonderful ideas Tussymussy! We also like to get seam rippers, scissors, small notebooks (to write measurements down and stick in purse when going to get fabric), tape measures, lotions, pens and or pencils, straight pins, patterns for quilts we have printed off of the internet.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Guess what, we have 150 people signed up and 10 of those are taking 2 secret pals! Whew, have mercy on me when I start pairing up secret pals, it will take a while!
you will have your work cut out for you that's for sure....hope they don't get their own name!!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:38 PM

cant wait
Old 07-30-2011, 04:38 PM

A little trivia to help pass the time....from which state do we have the most people signed up?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM

Texas?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM

New York?