Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 05:03 AM

Good morning from a chilly WNC. Brrr. I’m sitting here with a hot cup of coffee, petting the pup, and waiting for our daily visit from the deer. It’s a great way to start the day. Hope you all have a good Wednesday planned.

Will let you know when the final F8s arrive. They were mailed early but appear stuck in transit. Seems like there’s always one that gets hung up somewhere for a few days. Oh, well, they always show up.

Old 01-27-2022, 08:44 AM

Oops. Make that a great Thursday planned! Should have had more coffee before my post. LOL
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Good morning from a chilly WNC. Brrr. I’m sitting here with a hot cup of coffee, petting the pup, and waiting for our daily visit from the deer. It’s a great way to start the day. Hope you all have a good Wednesday planned...
Old 01-28-2022, 03:50 AM

Happy Friday morning. The weekend is almost here. Yay. My only plan is to finish sorting the F8s if the final set of blocks currently stuck somewhere arrive and to complete the final 4 seams of my scrappy Shattered wall-hanging. I often stall out near completion. I think sometimes I don't want a project to end so I delay finishing. If I finish that, then it's on to another project languishing in a box in the closet. I have several to choose from.

What are your plans for the weekend? Something relaxing? Adventurous? Quilty? Have a good weekend whatever your plans.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Well we almost made it home free on the shipping! At least only one is in limbo, not two or three like sometimes…. Hope it gets ‘unstuck’ soon.

I just got home after 3 weeks away in Memphis, so I will be dealing with all the mail and bills today. Then house cleaning, and then I can sew! I have 3 pairs of pjs cut out to sew for the grandkids. It’s something to do while we wait on our boom fabs.

Happy weekend, everyone.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:20 AM

Dh and I are going to look around for a source for stone for our coutertop. Not sure if we can get anyone to come to where we live, as most places are over an hour away. Last home we ordered it and had it shipped and installed it ourselves. I was hoping not to have to go that route again, but we'll see.

Other than that, I plan on putting more BOOM blocks together. I've got a plan for the other two sets, and while it's nice getting them to the floppy stage, my stack of floppies to quilt is getting large!
Old 01-28-2022, 10:43 AM

Macybaby we will be purchasing new stone for our countertops when we get home. The backsplash wasn’t in at our old house when we chose our granite so we could pretty much choose what ever we liked and then we chose the backsplash. New house in Minnesota has honey oak cabinets but I detest the backsplash and dh is fighting me all the way on replacing it. He thinks if the glass backsplash is removed it will put holes in the wallboard and then cabinets will have to be taken down etc.etc. He is slowly coming around. Hope you show pictures of the stone you choose. There are so many beautiful choices

Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Dh and I are going to look around for a source for stone for our coutertop. Not sure if we can get anyone to come to where we live, as most places are over an hour away. Last home we ordered it and had it shipped and installed it ourselves. I was hoping not to have to go that route again, but we'll see.

Other than that, I plan on putting more BOOM blocks together. I've got a plan for the other two sets, and while it's nice getting them to the floppy stage, my stack of floppies to quilt is getting large!
I’ll take a stack of floppies over a bag of blocks any day!
Old 01-28-2022, 11:16 AM

Here’s a just finished “flimsy”, hot off the machine, although it seems like it could stand up on its own. It’s very heavy and rather rigid with all those seams and layers. It’s not as wonky as the pic shows but a tad more wonky than I would like, lol. I’m glad to be done although I haven’t a clue how to quilt it yet. It’s not at all my usual style but it feels to me the way 2021 felt. It’s a Bonnie Hunter pattern called “shattered”. I really enjoyed making all those foundation pieced blocks with my smallest scraps. Lots of boom pieces in there, a couple of pieces from my sons’ baby quilts, one from the very first thing I sewed, scraps from friends and a simple maternity top from way back in 1983!
Attached Thumbnails bc4fe358-05f5-4b39-8873-1ec5d0d33459.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-28-2022 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Great quilt, Janice! It really came out nice.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:18 PM

I like that one too, Janice. Good job!

Editted to add- It's 12:15 am and it's snowing here.