Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13

I am Ok to wait a little while longer. I would like a good variety and have something from everyone so if you do decide to swap please mix mine in. I like to get a variety back and none of my own. I made extras so I already have my own blocks here.
    Whatever you decide on waiting or swapping, I am good. Does the tracking number say what it is doing?
    Anna Quilts

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I think Traci is just waiting on 1 set of 6, the others have already been sent and received. I have a partner that has been waiting for 10 days for a doll quilt. It's been mailed to her town in IL, back to WY and back and forth again. Guess it's just traveling the USA. Anna you always get 1 of your own back in this swap, makes it easier for everyone to get more of a variety and easier for Traci to sort.

Blog Entries
    I'm fine with whatever you need to do. I'm in no rush whatsoever.
    Mischief Managed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I think Traci is just waiting on 1 set of 6, the others have already been sent and received. I have a partner that has been waiting for 10 days for a doll quilt. It's been mailed to her town in IL, back to WY and back and forth again. Guess it's just traveling the USA. Anna you always get 1 of your own back in this swap, makes it easier for everyone to get more of a variety and easier for Traci to sort.
    Thanks jaba! Hmmm yes sometimes it takes the grand tour and travels around. I have plenty to do so I am fine waiting. Duhhh it says in the rules one will come back. Well I'll be set and have some extra. I sometimes wonder where my head is when I read the rules.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    No extra's, you've got a head start! I usually make throw pillows or pillow covers to match the quilt. Change the quilt, change the covers tada!! Adds a little bit more if you're making it for a gift too. Works for me, then I don't have all these UFO blocks in a drawer.

Blog Entries
    Traci have you got the other set yet? Would appreciate an update since it's been a week.

Does anyone know what happened with this swap? If so could you please post? Thank you.
    Anna Quilts

Packages going tmrw/thurs

Quote Originally Posted by tracibug View Post
    Packages going tmrw/thurs
    Can't wait to see what we get back. Yea......I am ready to put this one together as soon as I can.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Thank you for posting tracibug. I hope things are going well for you in your new place. I am sure you are super busy. Can't wait to see everyone's blocks. Thank you for hosting.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Thanks for answering Traci, I'm ready to have them here also and to get the quilt together. Would like to see everyone's blocks and finished projects, please post, it's nice to visualize....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  1.47 MBThis is a swap from #9, I' m just practicing posting a pic. I'm keeping my fingers cross this works.

Everyone should have packages Monday says the receipt. Thank you for your patience. Everyone's blocks were beautiful and I hope you enjoy what you get back.

Oh so possible tomorrow we I get home from work ..... will have some to play with. YEAH
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Wahoo! A squishy in the mail!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to getting them and putting the quilt together. I love the last one, it's done except the hand binding sewing. Seems I can always put that off, too hot in the summer with this big quilt draped over my legs. Haven't had those hot flashes in a while, but if it covers my legs they seem to come back again real quick....fall project I think

With this swap wrapped up (pending deliveries), I will be stepping back a bit from the board for a while. I'm having some health issues that have contributed to me not completing commitments and such, on the board and in my world at home. I will still be here if anyone needs anything and hope to host again in the future.

For those I still 'owe'... You're on my list to complete before I take on anything more.

Be well and God bless.

Tracibug, thank-you for all you have done for the board. You will be missed, but it's more important to take care of your health. I hope it's something you can get back to you love of quilting activities with rest and less stress. Take care and God bless!

I received my blocks and twists. Thank you ladies. As I am typing one of my teens is laying out all the blocks. It looks like a wonderful variety of prints and patterns of well made blocks. They all seem to play together well and not a single one double. I guess less people ended up doing the stwist so there were 3 sets of triples and one of my own but it will work out great and it is just in time for me to make some totes and such with the 2 1/2 inch strips. Since it is such a small project, a tote, I doubt I will have many if any repeats of strips and I am glad to have strips ready to go. Christmas will be here before I know it. Great swap! Thank you to all participants and special thanks to tracibug. I wish you well tracibug and hope you will be well soon.
    Anna Quilts

Received my pkg just now and put the blocks on the design wall. Thanks to everyone! They are wonderful.

Thanks to Tracibug for all your work on this swap. Hope things go well and you can continue to be active and log lots of machine time

Attaching a photo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thought for sure they might be in the mail today, but not. Maybe tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for posting them khuxford, now I know what I can look forward to.

What pretty blocks you got! Hope mine come tomorrow. Things seem to take longer to arrive when you live out in the woods. Lol!

Blog Entries
    Mine arrived today! I haven't got a chance to open & look yet... hopefully tomorrow evening ends a little better.
    Mischief Managed.

I got mine today.....nice end of a day. WOW they are all beautiful. 36 blocks and 10 pks of the twist strips. I love it. I think I make 2 smaller quilts with them.

Now to decide on what I want to sash them with. I am thinking of a dark blue or purple....Will be going to the batik store on Friday.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

WhooHoo! Got mine just now. All are so pretty!!! Blocks and strips both. Now to go play with them.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast