Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up >

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 10-01-2017, 10:24 AM

Here is my October block, surrounded by Pinkflower's candies she sent me for my Birthday:
Attached Thumbnails birdie-pumpkin-patch.jpg  
Old 10-01-2017, 01:17 PM

I was in an embroidery mood in September and nabbed the photo you posted last summer for October. But since I did the tent/camping one for September, I wanted to combine the tree one with the Halloween one. Here is my version, finished yesterday. Of course I surrounded it with Halloween candy.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I was in an embroidery mood in September and nabbed the photo you posted last summer for October. But since I did the tent/camping one for September, I wanted to combine the tree one with the Halloween one. Here is my version, finished yesterday. Of course I surrounded it with Halloween candy.
don't forget to post a photo of the block!

Plus, one of the blocks (center) is just words of quilt name and year. If you want all birdie blocks, we are short one. Some have added new designs such as the Beach Birdie with sunglasses, beach birdie with surf board, the camping birdie, or maybe yours that is a combo of Halloween and fall leaves.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
don't forget to post a photo of the block!

Plus, one of the blocks (center) is just words of quilt name and year. If you want all birdie blocks, we are short one. Some have added new designs such as the Beach Birdie with sunglasses, beach birdie with surf board, the camping birdie, or maybe yours that is a combo of Halloween and fall leaves.
Zzzzzzzzzz...... I thought I'd added the picture. Sorry.

As to the monthly blocks. I've seen blocks for November, December, January and February. I hope you have them!
Attached Thumbnails img_8253.jpg  

Last edited by SheriR; 10-01-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:13 PM

I just mailed my October baby's card out, too. But her b'day isn't until the mid/end of October, so you are just fine, Hav4, right?

MizMelly, those are an adorable way to use up some candies. I've made a few things with mine and still have lots and lots left over!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:33 PM

Jane, your birdie block is so sweet. Love the Rosie The Riveter square!
Sheri, love your block, especially "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" square, adorbs!
hugs,
dj
Old 10-01-2017, 09:10 PM

SheriR, what a great combo block! Your stitches and colors are spot on. And where did you get all those delightful Halloween candies? Nice touch fussy cutting so many of them! And yes, I have all the following months and will be releasing them on the first of each month on this thread per Barb's plan for this wonderful birthday thread.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:58 AM

I just mailed the October baby's candy card! Just wait and wonder. Hmmm....I don't remember if I put my screen name on it? It is the envelope with the $3.00 postage. I still haven't gotten the hang of it. Up until last month it was $2.49. Now it jumped to $3.00. I need to revamp my mailing procedures!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:17 AM

Crispy Frog
Many of us only pay $.70 for our postage. You lay them flat in stackes of 8 or 9 with a card and they go for the two oz. price.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog View Post
I just mailed the October baby's candy card! Just wait and wonder. Hmmm....I don't remember if I put my screen name on it? It is the envelope with the $3.00 postage. I still haven't gotten the hang of it. Up until last month it was $2.49. Now it jumped to $3.00. I need to revamp my mailing procedures!
Crispy....your postage should be $0.70 for the birthday mailing. But you need to meet 2 requirements: 1) your birthday card envelope should not be more than a quarter inch thick.....they will drop it thru a template with slot to see if it falls through. and 2) it cannot be rigid. So don't add an unbendable cardboard like you do when you ship a photo.

Here is what I do. I buy a box of white envelopes at walmart 8.5 x 5.5 to mail in. I take an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, fold in half like a book. and lay the 50 candies in two columns, with a little spacing to keep the shipping "thin" . scotch tape the paper book closed to keep candies from shifting. Tuck it in any size birthday card, and mail in that 8.5 x 5.5 envelope for 70 cents.

You can confirm this on the usps.com postage calculater:
* type in the to and from zip codes
* choose: "calculate price based on shape and size"
* type in weight: 1.6 oz
* choose: "Letter"
* Under Letter Properties, choose "None of the following" (do not choose, square, rigid, or odd shaped)
Scroll to the bottom and see "First Class Retail = $0.70"

Let's save some money......Jane Quilter