Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Birthday swap 2017/2018....... Sign Up

Old 12-31-2017, 07:16 PM

And here is my January Birdie Block:
Attached Thumbnails birdie-snowman-january.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
And here is my January Birdie Block:
Jane! So cute. And I spy a finished quilt. I'm excited to see it!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:11 AM

COOL!!!! What do we win???

Originally Posted by pinkflowers View Post
The Early Bird prize goes to barbarakibler23 and djmat! Packages arrived today. Thank you, ladies!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:16 AM

Jaba sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon..

Barb

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Thank you pink flowers. I’m glad it arrived. Aborning thanks for letting me know you received yours as well. My whole family has had the stomach flu and it’s not fun at all. Thought it was going to miss me but the stomach cramps woke me up last night and the worst headache I’ve ever had in my life. I’ve been sleeping most of the day, just that run over by a big truck feeling....hope it’s better tomorrow
Old 01-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Happy New Year everyone. Hope everyone is well. I am looking forward to the hibernation of January with me and my sewing machine!

For Christmas I only made one present. And finished it right in time.

Someday I will figure out how to make the photo right side up.
Attached Thumbnails susans-quilt.jpg  
Old 01-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Me again!

Just wanted to share with all of you....I have been making hearts for "I found a quilted heart" organization. It is a random act of kindness. You sew a heart, then sow a heart.

I have made about 450 of them. I usually make them in groups. When I was in Florida I brought 40 to put out. The very cool part of this is that the person who finds them will go to the website (not all do this part) for ifoundaquiltedheart.com and report where it was found. Some give a little story. It is very heart warming to read some of the stories.

If anyone wants to join me in making people feel loved and make them smile...go to their website:
www.ifoundaquiltedheart.com.
So far I have had 85 hearts reported found. They say that 10% is the average found and reported. So I guess I doing okay with almost 20% found.

Let me know if any one is going to do this or already doing it. Warning this is addictive but fun!

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails heart-2.jpg   heart-1.jpg  

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 01-01-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Jane Quilter thank you for the January birdie block! I haven't finished all the blocks yet, but that will soon be corrected.
January birthday candy will be in the mail tomorrow.
Happy New Year!
Barb, I love your hearts! I will look at the sight and let you know.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Me again!

Just wanted to share with all of you....I have been making hearts for "I found a quilted heart" organization. It is a random act of kindness. You sew a heart, then sow a heart.

I have made about 450 of them. I usually make them in groups. When I was in Florida I brought 40 to put out. The very cool part of this is that the person who finds them will go to the website (not all do this part) for ifoundaquiltedheart.com and report where it was found. Some give a little story. It is very heart warming to read some of the stories.

If anyone wants to join me in making people feel loved and make them smile...go to their website:
So far I have had 85 hearts reported found. They say that 10% is the average found and reported. So I guess I doing okay with almost 20% found.

Let me know if any one is going to do this or already doing it. Warning this is addictive but fun!

Here are some pictures.
I've bookmarked the website but I avoid getting involved with Facebook. My (former) page was hijacked!
Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 PM

Happy New Year everyone. Love the Quilt, Birdie block, and the Hearts.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:32 PM

Oh, my gosh. I just heard about this the other day and here you are posting about it. This is definitely something I want to do. The thought of bringing a little joy to someone completely out of the blue. Well, it's a good thing. Thank you for posting this Barb.
Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 View Post
Me again!

Here are some pictures.