Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New >

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Old 08-16-2018, 06:29 AM

I started radiation again on Monday, doctor thought 7 more days. He'll check me again next Tuesday and hopefully I will be done. The tumor has shrunk so much that he thought it would be gone. It sure felt wonderful to hear him say that! Then it's just regular check ups, every 6 weeks I think he said for 6 months and then every 3 months for the next couple of years. That sounds like a piece of cake to me. Chemo is over now so maybe my hair will start growing back in. I didn't lose it all but it's pretty thin, good thing is I haven't had to cut it
My doctor is moving to Florida.....can you believe it? He has taken a position as the head of Radiology at a brand new cancer clinic in Miami. They are just building this huge center and he got hired. Happy for him and for me! I can have a little holiday and drive to Miami (about 6 1/2 hours) spend the night and see my own doctor for the check ups. Who would have known when all this started that it would work out this way, must be some divine intervention somewhere along the way.
I've been sewing little candies like crazy, grand daughter wants placemats, she loved the ones I made for myself. Nice way to use them up and know that they will get used
Old 08-16-2018, 07:14 AM

Jaba, so glad to hear that your treatments are almost over and you have this licked!! Great news!
Old 08-16-2018, 04:46 PM

Barb, are you still going to the quilt show in GR? We mentioned months ago that it might be fun to cross paths there. We can make plans after you return from camping.

My mystery is laying on the floor quietly smiling at me ready to be layered this week-end. Going to a one-day mini retreat and I plan on getting this one layered and gather some ideas for quilting. I may end up just meandering so I can get 'er done and on to the next one. Taking another quilt that is all 2.5's to finish. Layer? Maybe this week-end it all depends on how much time I spend making friends and how much time I spend ..... quilting.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:28 AM

It's definitely serendipity that your doc is moving to Florida. Yay. Glad the treatments are coming to an end soon. Your news sounds so very positive. I'm happy for you and your family. Hugs!

Did you post pix of the placemats? If so, I missed them. I'll go and look now.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I started radiation again on Monday, doctor thought 7 more days.... Who would have known when all this started that it would work out this way, must be some divine intervention somewhere along the way.
I've been sewing little candies like crazy, grand daughter wants placemats, she loved the ones I made for myself. Nice way to use them up and know that they will get used
Old 08-17-2018, 06:40 AM

Jaba, I glad you are getting better. That is such great news. Just keep quilting and think happy thoughts. My prayers are with you.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 AM

Travelingramma-I can send you another set of candies since mine hasn’t shown up yet. I was so early I don’t know what happened to them. Ugh.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 PM

Jaba, I'm glad things are improving for you. What a worry. <3
Old 08-18-2018, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Texastam View Post
Travelingramma-I can send you another set of candies since mine hasn’t shown up yet. I was so early I don’t know what happened to them. Ugh.
Last month one of my candies took the long way around too. They were a little banged up when they arrived, but they made it.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:51 AM

Jaba, we have all been praying for you and I think God has heard us, and gave you a bonus. Glad things are going in the right direction for you.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:00 AM

This is what’s up on my design wall. It appears darker than real life. The lighting isn’t good for pix.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599726[/ATTACH]
All candy squares. Many of the darks are from this swap and another from several years back. Most of the lights are leftovers from my stash. With the exception of one block, these were made years ago and have been sitting in a box. I briefly considered adding another round but that would only serve to stall this once more. I think I’m better off just moving ahead as is. I tried other configurations but I like the symmetry of this one. Anyway, just wanted to share this with you. I’ll post a pic when it’s done.
Attached Thumbnails 7845b888-99eb-412a-ad03-bb81d191d2d0.jpeg