Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Travelinggramma, be safe traveling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    Sunrise450,

I hope you received my candies. You listed givio twice, any chance one of them was me?

Gaijin
    I have a list like the one we had last year and everyone is listed by their birthdays plus I have another list that I have all the names that I have received from.
    Do you remember when you sent it?
    I see where I have givio listed in November and you are in May so it would pretty hard to mistake the names.
    I will keep a lookout for your card and I will let you know when I receive it.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    What's a watercolor quilt?

You can create a picture using squares of fabric. the one I made used 2" squares. Here is a link on pinterest showing many variations.

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/wa...quilt/?lp=true

Miquilt, my candies were put in the mail ten days ago. Any chance you have them but my name didnít make it onto the received list? Sunrise recd hers and both were mailed at the same time. Please let me know. Thanks!
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Sunrise450, I mailed my envelope ten days ago.

Gaijin

Sunrise450,

What I meant to say is that givio is in your list twice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
    Sunrise450, I mailed my envelope ten days ago.

Gaijin
    Yes, I see that givio is written down twice, I will change that. I received an envelope yesterday. There was no board name on it so I opened it and still no board name.
    The return address shows it is from Lottie Parker. Ok Lottie, step forward so I can count you on my list!

Blog Entries
    Gaijin, I found not your card but the extra something that you included. And yes it looks like I wrote givio twice, one should be your name. I am embarrassed but so glad that I found it. Thank you so much.

I mailed April candies today. Rosemary

I'm glad the mystery was solved about Gaijin's birthday greeting! :-)

I remember doing this swap several years ago, glad to see it keeps active. If this is still going for 2019, I think I'm going to do it again. I loved it and received so many beautiful squares. I have been away for a year or two from many swaps, but you know, I miss them. Till next year ladies, enjoying you guys post and pics. Mary

I mailed both of my squishes yesterday. I expect both to be delivered on time. I sent one express mail so it gets there on time. You should get it Monday or Tuesday. I know it has gone at least one city away, based on tracing this AM.

Good morning Ladies, We had a beautiful day here yesterday, Cleaned up the back patio. I got out my new patio furniture out, still need to buy cushions. Going to rain today, so I will be puttering around in my sewing room.

I'm loving all the pictures of the projects using the candy squares, keep them coming. There are some really beautiful quilts being made. I'm always in awe of the talent in this group.

I have three Pair of pants to hem, just a little something that irritates me. Just because I sew doesn't mean I want to hem your pants. It's family so what am I to do? Enough venting for the day.

Many wishes for a great day to all
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Pants, and curtains, too - UGH!!!

Glad you had a beautiful day yesterday. I am in SW Minnesota and we did NOT have a beautiful day yesterday. We had a blizzard with 18" of snow! On April 14th! It feels like we have had winter forever this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    Good morning Ladies, We had a beautiful day here yesterday, Cleaned up the back patio. I got out my new patio furniture out, still need to buy cushions. Going to rain today, so I will be puttering around in my sewing room.

I'm loving all the pictures of the projects using the candy squares, keep them coming. There are some really beautiful quilts being made. I'm always in awe of the talent in this group.

I have three Pair of pants to hem, just a little something that irritates me. Just because I sew doesn't mean I want to hem your pants. It's family so what am I to do? Enough venting for the day.

Many wishes for a great day to all

Quote Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
    I remember doing this swap several years ago, glad to see it keeps active. If this is still going for 2019, I think I'm going to do it again. I loved it and received so many beautiful squares. I have been away for a year or two from many swaps, but you know, I miss them. Till next year ladies, enjoying you guys post and pics. Mary
    This is my second year doing this swap and I really enjoy it. A good way to collect lots of 2 1/2" squares.

What a sloppy morning! Rain and freezing rain. Good day to quilt later. This is my first swap and I keep changing my mind about what I am going to do with them.
    Here is the updated list.

Jarenie
    bjsmith57

Sunrise450

Jaba

JuanitaBeans

Gaijin

kele

Patrick's mom

crispy_frog
    Armylady2012

Jane Quilter
    Anoka Quilter
    Texastam

Faintly Artistic

IceLeopard
    lum

Hav4boys

Onaemtnest

Travelinggramma

WMUTeach

crazyconnie
    Pattyjo

JENNR8R

barbarakibler23
    lottieparker

givio

Lstew2212
    oldcatlady

MizMelly

aborning

Pinkflowers

SheriR

Have a great day!

Blog Entries
    I continue cutting 2.5" squares for more variety. I am finding fabric I forgot I bought. It is always fun to discover hidden treasures.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

LOL...I did that as well. A friend called it an "archaeological" find, a treasure trove of fabrics I'd forgotten about.

Also, I finally finished the top I'd been working on for years. It's a Fading Charms pattern made up of 788 squares from my stash, from candy square swaps including the birthday squares swaps for the last few years and fabric from friends and from some old turkey reds as the background fabric. Now I've got to decide how to quilt it.
    Name:  Fading Charms - Copy.jpeg
Views: 44
Size:  165.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I continue cutting 2.5" squares for more variety. I am finding fabric I forgot I bought. It is always fun to discover hidden treasures.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That looks nice Janice. I've got one going as well but started it all in blues, it's going to take awhile but I am in the 4 x 4 round so at least it's some progress.

Great quilt Janice. I am still trying to finish up my AK Crossroads from the quilt along that was lead over two years ago on here. Guess that also makes it a UFO.

Haven't had much free time for anything lately. My work has just been crazy with many long days and piles to high to even take a small break to play on the internet. However, the project is winding down and my piles are shrinking so hopefully i a month, or two, my life will return to normal.
    Hostess for the Ornament Swap. Watch for details coming later on this year. Come join in on all the fun

I bet it'll be pretty. Post a pic and we'll encourage you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    That looks nice Janice. I've got one going as well but started it all in blues, it's going to take awhile but I am in the 4 x 4 round so at least it's some progress.

Miquilt, the candies I sent were just returned to me marked "return to sender, attempted - not known, unable to forward." The address is exactly the same as the one Barb sent. I guess this is just a goof since everyone else got the same address. I'll resend tomorrow. I'm sorry they will be a few days late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Miquilt, my candies were put in the mail ten days ago. Any chance you have them but my name didn’t make it onto the received list? Sunrise recd hers and both were mailed at the same time. Please let me know. Thanks!

All of April Candies are in the mail over the weekend.

miquilt, I sent yours by priority mail. It should be there on Wednesday.

Janice, I have made The fading squares twice and would honestly do it again but sadly I have used so many of may 2.5 squares that I do not have a good variety any more. How sad. September is coming and my choices will increase again! I do cut 2.5's from scraps that just happen with quilting but not enough to make this stunner. Your red shows up as brown which is pretty nice too. I used a mottled royal blue on one and black on another. 788 down and thousands more to go, right?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast