Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New >

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Birthday Swap 2018/2019 New

Old 02-26-2018, 02:31 PM

March birthday babes - your candies were mailed today!
Old 02-26-2018, 10:15 PM

Since there are no quilt police on this board, our postage stamp quilts may be all of the tiny squares mentioned. We can laugh about it all day as we sew along.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Since there are no quilt police on this board, our postage stamp quilts may be all of the tiny squares mentioned. We can laugh about it all day as we sew along.
One of the things I like to do with two and a half inch squares is just set them in rows with half-inch black sashing between, so they look like stained glass. This is one of the things I do as leaders and enders. In a fit of insanity I decided "Wouldn't it look cool to have little tiny cornerstones on those half-inch sashing rows?"So here I am cutting teeny tiny one-inch squares for half-inch cornerstones. I think that really qualifies for postage stamp!
Old 02-27-2018, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
bjsmith57, hopefully you have received my candies by now. I mailed last week and you and I are both in AZ. I did mail to the new address. I could have driven it there quicker than the mail! Weird how in state packages can take longer than those going cross country...
I mailed a priority mail flat envelope to a town 40 miles away on a wed morn at 10 am. The ticket said it would arrive on Friday. The post master leaned across the counter and said, "ignore that estimate, your package will be there tomorrow (on Thur)". Great, it was a birthday gift. But she was wrong, it arrived the following Wednesday. one whole week to get to the next town over. When I mentioned it to the Post Master, she just shrugged her shoulders. Faintly, you are not alone. You could have driven, I could have walked! LOL
Old 02-27-2018, 05:12 AM

Same here! I mailed mine at the same time as Artistic and it hasn't arrived yet? How weird. Yep, I could have driven it there in 20 minutes! Well, maybe today it will show up?? This is truly what I call "snail mail"!!

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
I mailed a priority mail flat envelope to a town 40 miles away on a wed morn at 10 am. The ticket said it would arrive on Friday. The post master leaned across the counter and said, "ignore that estimate, your package will be there tomorrow (on Thur)". Great, it was a birthday gift. But she was wrong, it arrived the following Wednesday. one whole week to get to the next town over. When I mentioned it to the Post Master, she just shrugged her shoulders. Faintly, you are not alone. You could have driven, I could have walked! LOL
Old 02-27-2018, 10:45 AM

Just packed up my craft stuff and fabric. I made sure I labeled the birthday box well so it will be the first one I open when we get moved! Just one question...can it be July next?!?
Old 02-27-2018, 03:07 PM

Thank you for the follow-up. I am not located at the new mailing address location permanently yet; I will be checking the new location at least once a week and I will post a new list of all candies received each and every time I check the new location.

Please watch for an update again from me early next week

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
bjsmith57, hopefully you have received my candies by now. I mailed last week and you and I are both in AZ. I did mail to the new address. I could have driven it there quicker than the mail! Weird how in state packages can take longer than those going cross country...
Old 02-27-2018, 03:45 PM

March birthday candies were mailed today.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 PM

Faintly Artistic July will be here before you know it. Have fun till then.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:12 AM

Progress is made I have 17 candy packets together. On Friday I will mail the 2 March BD packets out. later next month I will put the other packets together. I have all of the candy cut, just need to put in plastic baggies for mailing time. Looking forward to starting this year.